New to the cafe....

Discussion in 'People' started by JDex, Jul 25, 2007.

1. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    Hi folks! New guy here.... I've heard about the cafe from a car forum where I used to only post my photos. This is a great forum full of great people....

This is my current work. Her name is Gen and she's 17 years old. C&C please!
    Enjoy!

DSC_0078_edited-1copy.

DSC_0122_edited-1.

DSC_0187_edited-2.

DSC_0213_edited-1-1.

some B&W
    DSC_0007.

DSC_0112_edited-2.

Stay Blessed!

JDex

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great shots of a very pretty girl!

Welcome aboard the Cafe!

3. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    Thanks Mart!

4. tnkbuzan

tnkbuzan Guest

Hi John,
    I'm new here to! Do you have a link to a gallery that has your exif information. I'm trying to learn how to take better portraits and I'd love to see how you did these! Wonderful work!

Kim

5. Welcome to the Cafe John. Nice series of a pretty young lady. Keep 'em coming and thanks for sharing.

6. Pretty girl, nice photo's. Thanks for sharing.

7. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Welcome to the Cafe Jdex!

Nice series you have got here. #1 immediately got my attention as the graffitti on the wall is an ideal place for available light photography if there is appropriate light.

Thanks for sharing and keep posting. :wink:

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Superb shots John!

9. These are really nice Jdex.

I personally find the skin softening in #2 a little on the heavy side and a little unnatural. I love the composition though.

I'm with Banhup - #1 is my favourite of the series. Your colour and clarity look great in this image.

10. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    John,

Welcome to ze cafe'. Nice work. I really like your light set up. Portable flash on a stand? Umbrella? Love the BW shot, too. Pretty lady - does she smile?

Mike

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Welcome to the Cafe - these are some very nice images!

12. Very nice work. Cute model as well. Welcome to the cafe. What car forum did you come over from? I just came over form one too xD.

13. Lovely young lady and very good images, but can she smile a little. She's too young to look so sad or is she mad.

14. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Gasp! Someone who really understands composition and lighting is always welcomed here. Really nice shots. Some of the best I've seen posted here.

Care to give us a rundown on your equipment and settings?

15. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    These are great. You've got a nice variety of poses, and I like the way you've made use of the environment in your compositions to make the images interesting. You've also made good use of lighting and color. Not a lot of variety in expressions here, but the "attitude" seems to fit the overall vibe of the images (I can't believe I just used the word "vibe" in a photo critique).

The only one that doesn't work for me is #2 - the skin looks over-processed, and the whites of the eye don't look right (bluish color cast).

Nice work overall.

16. Welcome to the Cafe! You've got some very nice work!! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more!

17. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    Thank you much guys for all your comments!

SB800 on a light stand, shoot through white umbrella....

CRSX! and I know you're there too.... :smile:

Thanks Mike!
    Camera: Nikon D80, Lens: Nikon 17-55 f2.8, SB800 on a light stand triggered by PW, and a 42" reflector.

Stay Blessed!
    JDex

18. Legendz

Legendz Guest

Wow love your work, the shots are amazing

19. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    thanks!

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow, sorry i missed these ...great work and welcome to the cafe...;-))