new to this... please help me answer these questions

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by davied, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hey i'm new to this whole studio lighting thing so i have a few questions for you pros here. I'm looking at this kit ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/425220-REG/Impact_DFUMK_Digital_Flash_Umbrella_Mount.html ) for my sb-800 and sb-600, I was wondering is its decent enough for simple group shots/portraits/fill flash outside/anything like this. Also I will also get another set for my girlfriend so we can use her sb-600 as well. Incase anyone is wondering the set up would be 2 nikon d50,2 su-800, 2 sb-600 and 1 sb-800

2. I know our own Uncle Frank has recommended this very set of light stands and I was also considering buying.

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Fortunately, you can get away with lightweight stands for use with SB800's etc. That kit will do fine. You may need sandbags or tent pegs to stabilize them if you use them outside. Umbrellas tend to act like sails in the slightest breeze . . .

4. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    :biggrin: so true.

5. This kit will work fine, go for it.

6. My wife suggested I get this set. Who am I to argue with her?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.