New Topaz plug-in released.

Called Topaz Clarity.

"Topaz Clarity is the ultimate tool to create compelling and powerful images by intelligently enhancing contrast and clarity with absolutely no artifacts or halos. With just a few clicks you can easily manipulate your micro, mid-tone and overall contrast, transforming your image from ordinary to extraordinary, while maintaining the natural feeling and tonality you are after."

I received an e-mail Tyson Robichaud Photo-blography with the code topazclarity for a 40% discount but it wasn't accepted.

Edited to Add - Just release it is 40% off right on their site until the end of the month.

The Plugs 'N Pixels link above is always accurate for new release promos and ongoing (unexpiring) discounts.

I purchased it and watched the webinar on using this plugin which I thought was fantastic that Topaz discovered a way to add contrast without getting those ugly halos especially around trees and their branches. I just need to understand more about micro, mid-tone contrast and when and when not to use it.

Glad you're enjoying Clarity. Don't be afraid to experiment and see exactly what slider does what! That'll tell you pretty quickly what works and what doesn't on any particular image.

I downloaded the trial and gave it an admittedly quick look. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the results being much different from LR4's Clarity slider.

I'd be curious to hear how others feel about this plug-in in comparison to Lightroom. (Note: I'm not trying to knock the plug-in. I have several Topaz plug-ins that I like and use frequently. I guess that I'm just having trouble seeing any added value to this one, if you already use Lightroom. :confused: I am open to being corrected, however. :smile:)

Of course there are similarities between the various develops' plug-ins with each other as well as imaging hosts' and DAM's native effects. In this case, for those who don't use Lightroom, Topaz Clarity may prove useful.

I don't use Lightroom myself (started with Photoshop 20 years ago and never made the jump). Maybe that's because I do photo compositing and such as opposed to batch editing.

I received an e-mail Tyson Robichaud Photo-blography with the code topazclarity for a 40% discount but it wasn't accepted.

Edited to Add - Just release it is 40% off right on their site until the end of the month.

Looking at the Topaz site, the discount code seems to be 'claritynew'.

I downloaded the trial and gave it an admittedly quick look. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the results being much different from LR4's Clarity slider.

I'd be curious to hear how others feel about this plug-in in comparison to Lightroom. (Note: I'm not trying to knock the plug-in. I have several Topaz plug-ins that I like and use frequently. I guess that I'm just having trouble seeing any added value to this one, if you already use Lightroom. :confused: I am open to being corrected, however. :smile:)

I don't know about LR, but I use the clarity slider in PSE versions of ACR. Playing around with both, I have to say I have brought out more detail using the topaz clarity plugin.

If I had a picture with clouds, I would have to play around with adjustment layers using Detail or Adjust and then use the opacity slider to reign in the halos and artifacts. Clarity is making the details pop out without having to do that.

I watched John Barclay's webinair yesterday via the Topaz site and it was most beneficial. He believes, and demonstrated why, "Clarity" is a gamechanger....the masking features, the four different sliders for the clarity adjustments depending on what you want to emphasize, the HSL etc. I would suggest that anyone who has purchased the program check it out when it hits Utube, which probably will be within the week. I have purchased it and do find it to be superior to the LR4 sliders which I like and have used exclusively in the past. John also demonstrated how it integrates with Detail as well as Adjust. Michelle's presentation was good but Barclay's was, IMO, excellent.

Real Name
Alex
I am a big user of Topaz (have almost all of their products) and run them in PSP (not PS). They work just fine. I purchased Clarity and am investigating the differences with Adjust 5 which is my mainstay. So far I like what I see. Plan to use TA5 as always then apply Clarity or Topaz Detail when needed.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Topaz Clarity is more powerful than a single slider in PS/ACR. You can target different levels of tonal variations (micro contrast, low contrast, medium contrast and high contrast (i.e. black versus white)). Also, the ability to mask any and all of the effects/slides. Plus the ability to mask HSL edits. Also, the numerous pre-sets grouped by type of photography can quickly give you a starting point.

For the price, it is a great tool!

I have tried it and am very close to making this purchase. Im just trying to decide if there is enough difference between this and adjust to warrent the purchase.

A good rule of thumb with Topaz is, the more recent their offering, the better the technology (they are constantly improving their software). And I really appreciate the GUI redesign.

I've been playing around with it and love it. It is a great first edit plugin and a good compliment to Detail and Denoise. It is sold as a clarity contrast program but it also gives you great control over hue,saturation, and luminance. I've gone back over old pictures that I couldn't quite get the look I wanted. Clarity has a more subtle, controlled edit to it but can also bring out detail in clouds without too much artifacting.
p1865834168-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1654432610-5.jpg

p1789559591-5.jpg

p1824453750-5.jpg

p1727845559-5.jpg

p1699903634-5.jpg

p1854219731-5.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom