1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New toy, I'm in love!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Richard Peters, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Here's a clue...

600_box_dvd.

Any idea yet...ok here's another...

600_open_dvd.

Woooo its a Nikon 600/4 AFS II! I was telling my friend I was toying with the idea of getting the Sigma 500 f4.5 and he said if I wanted, I could buy his 600/4 from him when he upgrades to the new VR version. He said it could be a way off yet as nowhere has them in stock, then 2 days later Grays call him to say they have one VR in stock and does he want it!

We picked it up yesterday and that in return meant I could have his old one straight away! So for a couple of hundred pounds more than the Sigma I got this, complete with lens coat and custom lens foot (not shown).

600_side_dvd.

Was going to pick up a Lowepro Lens Trekker but they no longer sell them as a new version is out 'at some point'. However, without the body mounted the lens fits in my 200-400 bag so for now that will have to do unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Can't wait for some opportunities to use it now!!

2. That's one big toy!!!

3. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Digging the camo!

4. holy cow
    congrats...
    is that the 70-200 on the left?

i can't wait to see the pictures

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    congratulations, and that is one huge lens. i like your modelling light :wink:

ricky

6. Yep, thats the 70-200 and 200-400 next to it :) 

lol yep, plasma tv's are useful for more than just watching stuff on :biggrin:

7. i appreciate your reply.... thanks

8. *GASSSSPPPPPP*

That is yeah...1 big toy~~~ Congrats.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.