New Warning Message --- ARRRRGH

I am now suddenly experiencing for the first time the following warning message: "Please restart the application for the changes to take effect." I conducted a search here in the forum and found nothing about it. This happens so far only when I am using an edit step in Show Overlay mode, which shows the area being masked. When I click the warning box to make it disappear, it returns so fast that it's impossible to make the edit I had hoped to make. Restarting the program, rebooting and shutting down the computer doesn't help.

64-bit Windows 7 & 64-bit CNX2 2.4.1

Any ideas?

Funny but I've recently gotten that too, a few times. In my case I think it happened when I was using the Browser - maybe resizing the thumbnails... don't recall. It makes no sense and I pay no attention to it.

I'm thinking that because this one seems to be new, it has to relate to a recent Windows update. I suspect something to do with the installation (or recent replacement) of an underlying component.

Not that this guess is helpful in any way, but it's possible that the problem gets fixed eventually without any action on our part.

Hm, been using NX2 for quite some time now and even with a (ridiculous) long edit list, it's always been rock stable. Always.
Tried replicate your issue, but can't. Can you tell me the exact steps, Mike?

Btw. using same setup and with Windows always updated.

I got the same problem...except that it appears on the loading before it gets to pictures or completely open program...so i just uninstall it and go back to 2.4.0. hahahahah

I talk a lot, but I don't intend to quite using NX2 anytime soon. I have Photoshop Elements 11 and in several key ways it just doesn't hold a candle to NX2. The curve adustments and control points, alone, are light years ahead of Elements and are indispensable to me. The more I use Elements the more I see how it's deliberately limited in hopes of herding people into buying full-price Photoshop, and some expensive plug-ins too.

The end of the road will come when Nikon stops producing updates for new cameras - and I buy one of those cameras.

I'm getting the error if I scroll the bars in the browser window while it is populating with thumbnails. Once they're all drawn I haven't had the error message appear.

rdle, I think that was my scenario too. But there are obviously others. I Googled on this error message for a while, thinking it was a generic Windows error possibly relating to a bug in the installer, or component versions, but found nothing specific.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom