New wheels

In recognition of a fragile world ecosystem and high energy costs, I bought a hybrid. But it only came with 2 new wheels, and they don't have any lug nuts or hubcaps.

101626921.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They're mounted under a hybrid bike... a Schwinn Voyager.

View attachment 239246

This is about as green as it gets, folks... no gas, not pollution, and hopefully I'll shed a few pounds powering it around town. I've already put 20 miles on it in the first two days! I cruised to the lake today, and took some shots of the bike before I got it too dirty. Since it's an affordable bike, I used my most affordable lens... the 28-105/3.5-4.5.

It has 21 speeds... a big help in going uphill.
View attachment 239247

The first thing I installed was the bell from my old bike. It warns people with a cheerful ring that usually gets a smile.
View attachment 239248

The big welds are a sure sign of an aluminum frame. Lighter than my old steel bike frame, but strong enough for a large guy. How large? Too large.
View attachment 239249

Hey, I've got front shocks!
View attachment 239250

Schwinn isn't a prestige name in bikes these days, but they've served me well over the years... and I like their logo.
View attachment 239251

Here's the bike, rigged with a camera bag on the rack pack. Watch for me at a park near you :wink:.
View attachment 239252

its a hybrid of what? I only see one power source implied. In china i saw electric motor & pedal power combos which where interesting.

Frank

Looks like a good quality bike. I like the adjustable handle bar stem and the tires look well suited to smooth roads. Don't know what your area is like but in the city my sister lost an expensive bike by leaving it unattended for 15 sec. A high end lock might be a good investment.......Nice captures with that "cheap" lens.......

Cheers

Ted:smile:

I would have thought that your bike would have a couple of built-in ball heads and light stands, and where is the Nikon and/or Nikon Cafe sticker????:biggrin::biggrin:

Cool wheels--:wink:

In bicycle vernacular, a hybrid is a cross between a road bike and a mountain bike.

now i see what your referring to, my brother has a hybrid bike. what you have there, i would have called a touring, commuter, or comfort bike.

neither mountain bikes or road bikes have kick stand, up-truned handle bars or panniers. both have aggressive geometry. my brother's hybrid is more of a beefed up road frame with flat bars and mountain bike drive train.

how far is your commute going to be with this thing? once i get moved to an apartment, I'll probably start riding to work as well.

frank....
A SCHWINN
that is awesome
all of my bikes when i was younger were SCHWINNS

looking at myself in the mirror, i should do the same
nice shots
well done

neither mountain bikes or road bikes have kick stand, up-truned handle bars or panniers. both have aggressive geometry. my brother's hybrid is more of a beefed up road frame with flat bars and mountain bike drive train.

I have a Specialized mountain bike that I don't use because the riding posture is too agressive. I've always liked riser bars and comfy seats. That's the way I customized my first motorcycle in 30 years ago, and the formula still works for me.

how far is your commute going to be with this thing? once i get moved to an apartment, I'll probably start riding to work as well.

No commute, just rides to the store, the gym, the barber, etc.

W

Whitedog

How's this for coincidence, I bought a Schwinn hybrid (not sure of the model) yesterday!! I rode my son's mountain bike for a couple of weeks and decided I didn't need either the posture or the tires for my fat old self. I ran for years but the knees got gimpy...quit running...didn't quit eating. Now I have forty pounds to lose.

Uncle Frank, great lookin bike. The wife and I just bought Raleigh hybrid bikes, we love them. Im a retired pole climber and biking is the only activity that I can tolerate. We live close to the erie canal and ride the tow path. Have fun and enjoy. Mike

S

scooptdoo

nice bike.however when schwinns were made in the usa you didnt see welds like that.chineese right?

Nice photos of a new toy. My back has kept me from riding bicycles for a good 15 years. Had to look at that first photo for a long time before I could see what kept those wheels from falling off. But those welds... :confused: Guess not grinding them smooth helps to keep the cost down.

Green? Are you sure? :Curved:

The greenie-meanies here in Greenbelt won't let bikes off road - they say it destroys the ecosystem and greenery of the green belt around Greenbelt.:biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom