New work from today (more images added)

I've been working on paid client images for too long, but got the chance to work with a very pretty young lady today.

Model: Stephanie
MUA: Janet Harris (Visuelle Artistry)
Hair: model (and NOT my idea)

What? Scott shooting available light! Say it isn't so :biggrin:

Nikon D200, Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S
ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/60 @ 56mm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And now he's dragging the shutter? :cool:

Nikon D200, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR
ISO 100, f/5, 1/60, @ 110mm

Comments appreciated as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, superb. The colors are vivid and saturated but not overdone, and there's so much environmental detail in each shot but it doesn't distract you from the model - it's like visual 'white noise'.

Sean

Very nice work Scott - the lighting is awesome! I hope to be able to get these kind of results someday.

Scott,

I LOVE these!!! Wonderful lighting. Did you 'snoot' #2? Is the red hair in #1 real or PP? Love these!!! MORE!!!

Mike

Thanks for your comment Sean. That's exactly the 'look' I was going for by dragging the shutter. I want something more than plain seamless in the background, but it shouldn't distract.

Mike, the second shot was done with a combination of ambient window light and a 3x4' softbox with an eggcrate grille. I metered the exposure for the subject with the strobe, then adjusted the shutter speed down until I had the desired background level. The pink hair is real and hopefully will be gone for our next shoot.

Anthony, Gordon, Frank, & Fred; thanks for the kind words. This young lady could have a bright future even at 5'6". Perfect skin and a good head on her shoulders. Believe it or not, she is just 16 years old! She has mom's full support (and mom was of course there for the entire shoot).

Love these!!! MORE!!!
Here's one more from the four looks we did.

Look #4:
Backlight with a 10 degree grid & barn doors.

Three more of her choices:

Wow Scott, they just keep on rolling in. What a fabulous shoot you had!
I can imagine how large prints must look from these - fabulous!

Thanks Fred, Fritz, and Sharon.

I'm hoping to use this session as a spring board to do more mixed and ambient light work. It doesn't hurt to have beautiful subjects either :biggrin:

Speaking about the subject, I did ZERO skin work on this young lady. PP time was limited to CS3 RAW conversion and cropping. Nice!

Latest posts