1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NEW YEARS DAY RITUAL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dburanich, Jan 1, 2019.

1. For the last 20 years (when I first started shooting digital) I have had a New Years Day ritual of backing up all of my images from the previous year to either an optical disk or now I use 4TB USB external drives. I have two dedicated to this and leave both of them in different locations. I also do weekly image backups but this ritual goes above and beyond that. I completed that task within a couple hours this morning.

Just a reminder to all:
    Don't forget to roll the year of your copyright information contained in your EXIF data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks!

3. Yep, that's on my schedule for either today or tomorrow -- along with setting up new image folders for 2019! I do regular backups, too, of course, but only recently have started shooting more extensively again so that for the first time in years I've got a lot of edited and/or RAW unedited images to back up and stick in the 2018 folder. I hope that throughout 2019 I will continue to shoot frequently, as I have been enjoying it so much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.