New Year's Eve Dinner

What's everyone having for New Years Eve Dinner?
Our home is in a bit of disarray having new flooring put in.
Should be wrapped up today.
If the workers finish early enough which they should, I'm heading to the seafood store.
Lynn's crab cakes and a bean and corn salad sound perfect for today.
Lynn is a friend of Mike Buckley who graciously shared her recipe.
Just had them a few weeks ago but it's a dish you never get tired of.

Due to us being in tier 4 lockdown (do not do anything go anywhere or see anyone) just Carol and I tonight no family and friends as would be normal. She is going to cook Chilli with Rice and something with Avacado and Salad. I have got some Mexican beer (I think!) and no doubt will want some wine as well (red Rioja) and to see in the new year something fizzy

Below freezing tonight with a little snow and ice on the ground so the alcohol will act as antifreeze.

Have a great evening everyone and keep safe and well. HAPPY NEW YEAR
🍻🍷🍸🍾

Left over beef stew. Will sit around the neighbors fire-pit for a bit, with some wine, in the evening. Though the snow is supposed to turn to rain by then! Ah well, that's 2020 for you!

Hopefully in bed well before midnight!

Left over beef stew. Will sit around the neighbors fire-pit for a bit, with some wine, in the evening. Though the snow is supposed to turn to rain by then! Ah well, that's 2020 for you!

Hopefully in bed well before midnight!
Sounds like a plan.
Be careful if that snow turns in to rain.
I'd rather drive in 3 feet of snow than a 1/4 inch of ice.
So said they guy from California.
I grew up in Ohio though.

Virtually the same here. My wife will turn the leftover rib roast from Christmas into beef Stroganoff to be served over her homemade pasta. And we have two partially consumed bottle of red to accompany it.
We finished off the last of our Christmas rib roast last night for dinner.
Put some a jus on it and was just as good as Christmas Day.
Our dogs will be having some very fine dining tonight on what little is left.

Prime rib on the BBQ. Let it turn over and over for a few hours with a drip pan underneath to catch the drippings for gravy. Mash the potatoes, bake the rolls, make the salad. Bake the broccoli and choose a wine.

Real Name
Carl
Visited all the kids, grands, and great grands delivering presents Christmas Eve. Masks and Social distancing are a real pain, but necessary. Hopefully, we can have our annual Easter egg hunt and water fight next year, tho.
Tonight, all by ourselves...Rib eye steak, baked potato, Cranberry sauce, Martinelli's and some Lindt White Chocolate Truffles to finish it all off... HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!:)

It will be the two of us for New Year's Eve, as has been the case for the last 39 years. We'll enjoy oyster stew prepared and served the way it was made during Abraham Lincoln's time, which includes "snippets" (triangles of buttered toast). I made the stew the first thing this morning to ensure that it would be full of flavor by the time we eat it. Paired with a 2015 Premier Cru Montagny I've never tasted.

Before our evening meal, we'll deliver a meal kit to our friends that don't know how to cook, as they will join us for our annual New Year's Day lunch tomorrow. This year it will be a Zoom session. The menu is all homemade:
  • Caesar's Salad with croutons and dressing
  • Spanakopita made with 18 layers of pastry
  • Roasted tomatoes with herbs, garlic and olive oil
  • Four-layer carrot cake

Tonight it's Beef Tenderloin (500 for 15 minutes turn down to 375 and tent until internal temp 120) Roasted red potatoes in onion/garlic seasoning, Arugula salad with a lemon shallot vinaigrette and supreme slices of orange, and a nice Malbec to accompany the meal. For desert Creme brûlée and a espresso with a spritz of lemon peal.

Our tradition for the past 20 years is a countdown dinner with a group of friends at The Peninsula. This year because of COVID dining restrictions, restaurants have to be closed at 6pm and only 2 guests are allowed in each table. The hotel made a special arrangement for us and arranged tables in a circle and served dinner from 2:30pm to 6pm. It's not as enjoyable as previous years but seeing everyone was safe and healthy, we had no complaint.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom