New Years Eve in Uludag (Turkey)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by voider, Jan 2, 2006.

1. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi,

I just took my D70 and 18-70 with me on my Ski trip. I forgot how nice and small the D70 was. I even got used to the small viewfinder again :)

Here are some snapshots of my vacation.

The first one was so magnificent in reality. I tried to capture the beauty...

[​IMG]

All leads to the Mountain:

[​IMG]

Walking in the snow...There were actually a lot of photographers shooting tourists. 95% of them were Nikon shooters.

[​IMG]

Last but not least the New Years Eve Party. This was my first real turkish New Years Eve Party and it was really a lot of fun.

[​IMG]

Hope you like them. Happy New Year to all of you.

2. Timur, what an interesting cloud formation on image #1. Very nice images, thanks for sharing.

3. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Gordon,

thanks a lot. The cloud formation was stunning. I have never seen something like this before. On the next day I missed some gorgeous picture because I left my camera at home...

4. Gorgeous winter scenes Timur. The mountain effect cloud formation is very beautiful - I also like #1 best.

5. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thank you Frits. I am a big fan of winter scenes. Even I live in the north of Germany we seldom get any snow up here. If it snows it melts within a day...

6. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Were any of the photographers arrested? Lol

Love the cloud in the first one.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    What happened??

I can't see the photos. Would love to see them.

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hello Timur, that first photo is incredible! Wow,what a cloud. Germany is wonderful I miss it very much.

9. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    @PixelPete: Thank you very much. It was really a stunning moment. Did you live in Germany? Germany is really wonderful but I miss some of the great landscapes and animal life of the US.

@Terri: Try to reload the page. My pictures should be still online.

@John: Thank you very much. No such problems in Europe...thankfully...

I wish I would have taken some panorama pictures of the first one. But I was too busy skiing

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Timur,Yes I lived in Germany for 3 years near Fulda.I had very good friends in a small village called Alsfeld.Wonderful memories for me.

11. I know Uludag only in summer. Didn't know it makes such a stunning skiing area in winter.
    And yes, the first image is outstanding.

Liebe Grüsse aus Wien

12. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    I was surprised too. My parents have been there 25 years ago and wanted us to come with them. It was a really nice ski area with great service and perfect snow. I would not recommend it for ski pros. But for beginners and intermediates it's very nice.

Liebe Grüße auch aus Hamburg :)

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho

I came back a viewed the photos. They are very beautiful. I must show these to my husband. He is an avid skiier and would enjoy them. It's fun to see parts of the world that I will probably never visit in person. Thank you.

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I too have never seen a cloud formation like that. Great Image !

Regards

RFC

15. WOW! That cloud formation in #1 is great.. Did you wait for sunset to see if it turned colors? I looks like a Lenticular cloud...