New York City

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Aug 22, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A few recent images from NYC. All taken with my good ole D100 and the good ole kit lens nikkor 24-85ED. A few have asked why I havent updated to a newer nikon body.....well, because the D100 still meets my needs.

Time Warner Center
    original.

Singing in the Rain
    original.
    Broadway & 7th Avenue
    original.
    The Mechanic
    View attachment 14274
    34th & Fashion Avenue
    View attachment 14275
    Ground Zero
    original.
    Ground Zero 2
    original.

The Lake in Central Park
    View attachment 14278
    Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  2. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Robert,

Outstandig stuff, as always.

Yeah, you always prove me that is not the camera, but the photographer that counts and, in this sense, you really do not need to change your D100.

Really like your work.

Thanks for sharing.

Roberto.

3. Excellent images Robert. I have studied each one and I like them all (for different reasons). It's amazing what a range of things you can see in NYC. Good color balance on these image. Love the first one.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice captures, Robert. I have only been to the Big Apple once, but was immediately driven upstate to Westchester County. Your images, especially the one of 7th and Broadway, epitomize the reputation of New York City...a no-nonsense city that never sleeps. I love the sense of hustle and bustle. The image of the lake at Central Park is so tranquil. I think I need to get back downtown to take advantage of what Chicago has to offer. Nice stuff, Robert.

5. Robert,

Excellent as always !

You should have came out with us for NYC Street Photography. That would be awesome to meet fello NYC shooter.

Next time !

6. Excellent city shots.... I love NYC, incredible energy there... You've captured the city very well, esp Central Park.

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Outstanding photojournalism, a real treat to the eye and heart.

8. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    Thanks for the post, great pictures; hope to visit some day!

Sam

9. Hi Robert,

All of the images are excellent. I especially like #1, wow, what an incredible eye you have.

Thanks for sharing.

10. Outstanding pictures, i like all of them and specially Broadway and Seven, that red sweater really make the scene stand out it separate the yellows.

I know it rained hard by looking at the trouser of the lady.

That giant in the hall is good if you look at the feet they both have large one.

That man and the bus wear the same color.

And all the other pictures that show the day to day life in a town.

11. Robin Roddy

Robin Roddy Guest

Excellent photos -- they all seem to have character and interest. New York seems a very photogenic city. Well done.

12. Robert -

You certainly don't need to upgrade anything - a pinhole camera would work wonders in your hands . . .

These capture the feel of NYC very well.

Eric

13. Great Stuff...

Those are some great shots Robert...I enjoyed all of them, especially the first one!

14. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Robert, these are exeptional.

Do you get your inspiration by playing on your Steinway? :smile:

No kidding I'm a great fan of your work ,keep posting

15. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Thanks for the eye - yours. I used to live there (glad I dont any more), but you capture the spirit of the place. All those people with somewhere to rush to......and dont get in their way.(LOL). I particularly liked the b/w of the girl in the rain. This is the season for a soaking. Thaks again and I enjoy all of your posts.

16. I'll join the concert of congratulations, Robert. These are some well though out and executed images: what a great eye! Thanks for sharing your vision of the city.

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Smera, Greyflash, Eng45ine, Jay Luto, TOLady, SRA, stm69, Tomerrifc, Gilles, Robin Roddy, catalyst, Vinod Menon, hans, patrickyh, & Phillipe Roger,

I would like to thank everyone for the comments. At times I get lucky, and I always hide the many many many rejects. :)

New York City is fantastic place for street photography. Always something new to find and capture.

Thanks Again and Warmest Regards

RFC

18. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Awesome fun shots

How you ever lucked out & got that guy standing next to that statue is beyond me. Love that one, and the next shot too, of the girl walking in the rain.

19. Great stuff as usual, I really need to come up there and spend a day or two

20. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi RFC

You have some top images there.

I love the b/w rainy day one and the pic of the bloke on the mobile phone with a bus going past in background

Very good work !