New York City

A few recent images from NYC. All taken with my good ole D100 and the good ole kit lens nikkor 24-85ED. A few have asked why I havent updated to a newer nikon body.....well, because the D100 still meets my needs.

Time Warner Center
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Singing in the Rain
original.jpg

Broadway & 7th Avenue
original.gif

The Mechanic
View attachment 14274
34th & Fashion Avenue
View attachment 14275
Ground Zero
original.jpg

Ground Zero 2
original.jpg

The Lake in Central Park
View attachment 14278
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Robert,

Outstandig stuff, as always.

Yeah, you always prove me that is not the camera, but the photographer that counts and, in this sense, you really do not need to change your D100.

Really like your work.

Thanks for sharing.

Roberto.

Excellent images Robert. I have studied each one and I like them all (for different reasons). It's amazing what a range of things you can see in NYC. Good color balance on these image. Love the first one.

Very nice captures, Robert. I have only been to the Big Apple once, but was immediately driven upstate to Westchester County. Your images, especially the one of 7th and Broadway, epitomize the reputation of New York City...a no-nonsense city that never sleeps. I love the sense of hustle and bustle. The image of the lake at Central Park is so tranquil. I think I need to get back downtown to take advantage of what Chicago has to offer. Nice stuff, Robert.

Robert,

Excellent as always !

You should have came out with us for NYC Street Photography. That would be awesome to meet fello NYC shooter.

Next time !

Excellent city shots.... I love NYC, incredible energy there... You've captured the city very well, esp Central Park.

Hi Robert,

All of the images are excellent. I especially like #1, wow, what an incredible eye you have.

Thanks for sharing.

Outstanding pictures, i like all of them and specially Broadway and Seven, that red sweater really make the scene stand out it separate the yellows.

I know it rained hard by looking at the trouser of the lady.

That giant in the hall is good if you look at the feet they both have large one.

That man and the bus wear the same color.

And all the other pictures that show the day to day life in a town.

R

Robin Roddy

Excellent photos -- they all seem to have character and interest. New York seems a very photogenic city. Well done.

Robert, these are exeptional.

Do you get your inspiration by playing on your Steinway? :smile:

No kidding I'm a great fan of your work ,keep posting

Thanks for the eye - yours. I used to live there (glad I dont any more), but you capture the spirit of the place. All those people with somewhere to rush to......and dont get in their way.(LOL). I particularly liked the b/w of the girl in the rain. This is the season for a soaking. Thaks again and I enjoy all of your posts.

Hi Smera, Greyflash, Eng45ine, Jay Luto, TOLady, SRA, stm69, Tomerrifc, Gilles, Robin Roddy, catalyst, Vinod Menon, hans, patrickyh, & Phillipe Roger,

I would like to thank everyone for the comments. At times I get lucky, and I always hide the many many many rejects. :)

New York City is fantastic place for street photography. Always something new to find and capture.

Thanks Again and Warmest Regards

RFC

Awesome fun shots

How you ever lucked out & got that guy standing next to that statue is beyond me. Love that one, and the next shot too, of the girl walking in the rain.

Hi RFC

You have some top images there.

I love the b/w rainy day one and the pic of the bloke on the mobile phone with a bus going past in background

Very good work !

Latest threads

Top Bottom