1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New York Harbor

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dez Santana, Aug 13, 2008.

1. These were taken from Governors Island with the D300 and 18-200 VR lens (w/circular polarizer) at ISO 200.

New York Harbor Panorama
    p937612117-4.

Sailboat
    p884172131-4.

Three Bridges
    p352398101-4.

Statue of Liberty
    p554554614-4.

Lower Manhattan
    p10939947-4.

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Sigh...

Gorgeous, Dez... I just wish I had as much luck this morning with my D300 and the 18-200mm. Took a bunch of photos, and ended up deleting every one of them - too much camera shake, I guess... :mad: 

Glad to see you have a steady hand and a photographic eye...!!

3. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    As always, AWESOME!!!!

4. Thanks Charles :smile:

5. Thanks Lyndee.

Did you have VR on? Leave it on ALWAYS unless you're on a tripod. On a tripod turn VR off.

6. You're too kind Sanford. Thanks! :smile:

7. Great as always Dez! Love the one with the sailboat.

Mike

8. These are superb, Dez. The red brick building to the right of the Governor's Island ferry building in the last one is where I work.

Regards,

9. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely series! I have a CP and really have not used it enough. I must drag it out and go play...

10. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    the first one its really cool, keep showing us NY ... I fell like I know it now =)

11. Thank you Mike.

Old looking sailboats and new buildings make a nice contrast, huh? :smile:

12. Thank you Paul :biggrin:

So you get to see the opposite view daily! You are in front of the U.S. Customs House?

13. Thanks Mart.

I never leave home without the CP. Does wonders to your photographs :wink:

14. Thank you Gabriel :smile:

The first photo is actually an 8 vertical frame panorama.

15. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

You were right, Detective Dez...VR was off (I don't know what my problem was) and I was also in a rush yesterday morning. Did a repeat in the afternoon, and there was a huge difference. Not a big enough difference to brave posting them yet, ya understand, but a difference nonetheless...:smile:

Thks!

16. Detective Dez? That's a first, LOL!

Users of VR lenses know that from experience. I tried using it on and off & in low light, VR clearly makes a difference :smile:

17. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Nice shots, great colors, Dez. I agree with what others say, I should definitely start using my CP more often. As for the lense, I prefer the 16-85 now that I have it, but I'm keeping the 18-200 as it is great for travel.

18. Thank you Klaus-Peter. The CP is great outdoors. I own one and it fits all my lenses (18-200 VR i use with a step ring)

:biggrin:

19. Dez,
    very well done

i like them..... a lot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.