New York, NY

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dez Santana, Jul 12, 2008.

1. D300 & 17-55mm or 18-200 VR lenses @ ISO 200.

Van Brunt Street Door [1/1250 at f/4]
    [​IMG]

East River Garbage [1/125 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Brooklyn Bridge Waterfalls [25sec at f/13]
    [​IMG]

Horse Sculpture [1/500 at f/2.8]
    [​IMG]

Double Decker Bus [1/200 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Wollman Rink [1/200 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

St. Paul's Chapel [1/500 at f/7.1]
    [​IMG]

2. nice series of images, dez
    i'm taken with the wollman rink image
    there is something unusual about the post-processing... on which i cannot quite put my finger

the color
    the sharpness
    quite interesting

what did you DO to that image?
    or... am i nuts?

3. Cool set Dez!
    I'm coming up next week to visit family. Can't wait to try my hand at some of the sights.
    Fred

4. Thanks Greg. I just did some Levels and Shadow adjustments. Also, selective saturation in some parts.

5. That's great Fred. Where will you be staying?

Thanks.

6. ah... selective saturation
    very interesting
    i LOVE the way it turned out

7. Thanks! :biggrin:

8. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Love the St. Paul's Chapel shot Dez. The garbage floating is a depressing image but an image that unfortunately has become not uncommon these days. Nice shooting.
    Scott

9. My Mom lives in Washington Heights.
    Fred

10. Very nice set Dez.... I love the colors on many of them. The hulk one is great. Chapel one is very nice as well!

11. True. I showed it because it's a fact of life around here. Thanks!

12. Nice. I spent alot of time up there. Enjoy your trip!

13. Thanks bud! Just having fun :biggrin:

14. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Very nice Dez, East River Garbage? LOL, cuz that waterfall is right next to the Dept. of Sanitation...have you seen those Statue of Liberty's dress in various MLB teams around the city?

15. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice series Dez...........#1 (The Door!) is my favorite..........it just interests me! Where does it go, what's behind it, if I enter............do I come back, etc.?

Also the Wollman Rink is very nice, you bring out the beauty for our city in fabulous ways. Well, except for that East River trash, but what river these days, doesn't have the same stuff floating around.

16. I figured that was a "fitting" title :D
    Yeah, that waterfall is right on the grounds of the Dept. of Sanitation Pier.

I've seen the Statutes. I don't particularly like them. Everyone's taking advantage of the All-Star Game that's coming up this Tuesday at Yankee Stadium :Curved:

Thanks!

17. Thank you Mark. I love NYC! :biggrin:

18. cosilver

cosilver Guest

Cool shots there Dez-man. I like the first door, the bridge and the last door - very nice. The Hulk looks awesome on that bus!

19. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Ditto on the city Dez...........I love as well! Too expensive to go to the All Star game, but I'm going to the All Star Game home run derby contest on Monday.

20. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    your shot of the brooklyn bridge is just spectacular. where was that taken from? as soon as i get my hands on a tripod i'm planning on getting some shots of it