New York Panoramas part 2 (large pics)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Oct 6, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A few new and old. My post processing skills have improved
    over the years and thus old files which I ignored are
    now somewhat interesting. All pans stitched
    with Realviz stitcher 4

Sunrise over Manhattan - nikkor 180mm 4 image panorama
    original.

Midtown Manhattan from the Brooklyn Bridge 2 - nikkor 180mm 2 image panorama
    original.

Manhattan at Night - nikkor 70-300mm 5 image panorama
    View attachment 16400

Astroland Park at Coney Island - nikkor 24-85 3 image panorama
    original.

Midtown Manhattan from the roof of the Metropolitan - nikkor 50mm 7 image panorama
    original.

Regards

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks RFC! I (heart) NY, and it always makes me happy to see pictures of the only place I've ever wanted to be on the east coast. Then I get sad for what I don't see.

I know what you mean about older photos becoming interesting with age. New software and techniques has expanded my usable stocks too - all those older prints, slides and negs are now ripe for PS. I'm glad you showed these - they're great!

3. Wow, it rocks !
    Some of them extend way beyond my 20" iMac monitor. I like them all - sharp, bold and well stitched. My pref is Manhattan by night, second is Astroland.

4. Wow, the 1st and 3rd are really special. Excellent series.

5. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi robert-

great pans, i especially like the colors in the first one.

ricky

6. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    RFC,

Great work - very professionally presented too. The pic is one thing then to present it well also = deals the killer blow !

Love #1, #2 and #3

I always enjoy seeing your work (only been to NY twice and loved it both times)

7. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I just "flew" over Manhattan using GoogleEarth :cool: Seeing these images enhances that experience, I in particular like the starkness of #2. Nice panoramic stitching, too, but I guess most of these buildings are stationary unlike natural subjects :frown: .

8. RFC, Great shots! The first one looks like something out of the movies.

Anthony

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    3 is fantastic
    4 is great for that local.

B&W just not my thing.. So would not know how good they really are :<((.. Nice images though.

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Robert the second is superb
    Always enjoying your pictures never get tired of them

11. Robert, those are stunning panos of one of my most favourite cities (Paris has a special place in my heart but I'm an ol' romantic). These are great panos - love 'em nice and sharp!

12. jb007

jb007 Guest

The second and third are particularly good well exposed and nicely stitchedup they are the ones I would like to have taken.

13. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Chris101, Elf 8, Greyflash, Fks, Simon, Nfoto, Anthony747, Gale, Hans, TOlady, and Jb007,

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am really enjoying taking these simple horizontal panoramas and Realviz stitcher continues to surprise me with all of its features.

However my biggest secret with these panos....I hide my many rejects !

Regards

RFC