New Z glass to be announced next week

My 50 f1.8 S and 14-30 f4 S are perfectly fine for me. Not interested in either of these.
Terri, yes, I too, love the 50 f/1.8 S, and for my style of photography, I don't need f/2.8 glass. However, I AM most interested in the pending 105 f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor S, only because I suspect it "may" be the sharpest Macro lens in production! It'll be interesting to compare it to the stellar 50 f/1.8 Nikkor S!

I’m still anxious to see the 40mm Compact on their roadmap. Hopefully about f2. Despite having just invested in a Sigma 45/2.8 Sony mount with the Techart EF-Z adaptor.
I *really* can't wait for this lens, and the 28mm compact, too. I'm hoping they surprise us and officially announce these next week as well. I will preorder both on the spot.

FWIW, I'm guessing they'll be 2.8 lenses, as compromises to get the sizes down. But f/2 would be a wonderful surprise if we got that in either lens.

The 14-24 is the FIRST Z lens that is physically smaller than the F-mount equivalent.
Finally, one of the key "promises" of mirrorless comes to fruition at Nikon.

The 14-24 is the FIRST Z lens that is physically smaller than the F-mount equivalent.
Finally, one of the key "promises" of mirrorless comes to fruition at Nikon.
I'm not clear where you get the idea that this is 'one of the key "promises" of mirrorless' I don't believe Nikon ever said this and only references it in regards to the Z50.

Awesome lenses! I have a feeling the Nikon 50mm 1.2 S will be a beast and the 14-24mm 2.8 S looks more compelling than any of the competitors fast wide angle zooms.

Also within a year these lenses will be under $2k on the used market! :D

It will be interesting in a few months after people have had a chance to buy and use these lenses to see how they stack up against Nikon's excellent F-mount versions of the same lens ranges. Both of those were outstanding, so these new lenses have big shoes to fill!

Jonathan wrote: "14-24mm 2.8 S looks more compelling than any of the competitors fast wide angle zooms." I dunno about that; Sony recently released a 12-24 f/2.8 GM (G Master) which has gotten a lot of high praise (as well it should, for its high price tag!). I don't know what other competitors have released in the way of wide angle zooms, though.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom