New Z glass to be announced next week

It will be interesting in a few months after people have had a chance to buy and use these lenses to see how they stack up against Nikon's excellent F-mount versions of the same lens ranges. Both of those were outstanding, so these new lenses have big shoes to fill!

Jonathan wrote: "14-24mm 2.8 S looks more compelling than any of the competitors fast wide angle zooms." I dunno about that; Sony recently released a 12-24 f/2.8 GM (G Master) which has gotten a lot of high praise (as well it should, for its high price tag!). I don't know what other competitors have released in the way of wide angle zooms, though.
To be honest there are quite a few AF and MF wide angle options. I think Nikon's finally hitting that middle ground in regards to price, focal length and performance. While Sony wins on shock factor, Nikon seems more practical all-around. Also once prices settle, both used and Nikon sale prices are very competitive with the Z line.

I think the Z5 is a good indicator on how the Z6S/7S bodies will be more feature rich. Nikon seems to be gaining their stride.

Now if only Samyang could release their AF lenses on the Z mount for cheapskates like me! :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom