New Z6 and Z7 announced with in body stablization.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
DPreview appears to be down right now, or perhaps on one knee. I don't remember ever seeing that before. Could it be the Nikon announcements?

Nikonrumors is still up and running with all info updated as soon as they get it.
Nikon Rumors
Pre-orders are about to open.
Price of the 500/5.6 is better then expected.

Something just happened in my house. Typically I plan my major purchases ahead of time, infusing timely references as to the benefits of a certain product to my better half over the period of a month or two. This morning's initial discussion re: the release of the new Nikon mirrorless system resulted in an "OK go for it" response. I'm gobsmacked! Only catch is I have an expensive Olympus mirrorless system that I should sell before purchasing.

If I had some spare funds I would help you out Bob - as I have been eyeing mirrorless for a bit (tried a M10, but too small). Which one are you looking at going with? Z6 or Z7?

If I had some spare funds I would help you out Bob - as I have been eyeing mirrorless for a bit (tried a M10, but too small). Which one are you looking at going with? Z6 or Z7?
The Z6 is all I need. The extra pixels that the Z7 provides I've got covered off with my D850. Z6 interestingly enough can shoot 12 Fps vs 9 on the Z7.
Getting the OLY system sold off could be a problem- have the triumvirate of pro lenses: 14-40 f2.8; 40-150 f2.8 and the 300 pro f4. All of which have a limited market.

Last edited:
I preordered a Z6 with the kit lense and the FTZ adapter. Looking forward to try the af and ibis of the Z6 on my 28, 58 and 105 f1.4. For me 24 mp is perfect.

Do not forget a little time at the gym. The size and weight is going to be an issue steering a 400 f2.8 around for many.
Lots of people do pro work using 70-200 as they get close enough, big glass is a detriment in some cases. What I don't get is how Sony gets 700 images out of a charge and Nikon less than half.

Lots of people do pro work using 70-200 as they get close enough, big glass is a detriment in some cases. What I don't get is how Sony gets 700 images out of a charge and Nikon less than half.
I believe the Nikon numbers are with the rear LCD active all of the time. I have not dug this out of the brochure yet but have read others saying such.

The Z6 is all I need. The extra pixels that the Z7 provides I've got covered off with my D850. Z6 interestingly enough can shoot 12 Fps vs 9 on the Z7.
Getting the OLY system sold off could be a problem- have the triumvirate of pro lenses: 14-40 f2.8; 40-150 f2.8 and the 300 pro f4. All of which have a limited market.
You need to look up what 12 FPS EXTENDED means on the Z6. On the Z7 I found the footnote where 5.5 FPS full functioning is the limit. 9 FPS EXTENDED has a series of limitations.

Found Z6 note. 12 BIT RAW = 12 FPS 14 BIT RAW = 9 FPS.

Last edited:
Might be back into the Nikon camp with this one. Will be doing some more research over the next few days. Z6 with 24-70 and 35/1.8 covers 98% of my photography needs. I can see myself getting rid of my E-M1 and 12-40/2.8 and replace it with the Z6/24-70 combo and keeping the rest of my mu43 kit for the time being.

I am still leaning in the direction of going with the tried-and-true, which in this case is the Sony mirrorless system, because they've been doing this for some time now and have a nice collection of native E-mount and FE-mount lenses for use on their full-frame mirrorless cameras. Since I am not in any rush, I'll be following the reviews and comments from users after the Z system cameras and lenses get into people's hands. Of particular interest to me is just how well that adapter actually will work, too....

I just preordered the Z6, 24-70 f4, and the FTZ Adaptor. Since it won’t ship till the end of November I have plenty of time to reconsider after hearing the reviews. I will be either selling off or trading in my Olympus system. I think I will keep all my Nikon gear for now. Having the D610 as a backup will be nice. Have any of you heard if 3rd party F-mount lenses will focus on the adaptor?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom