New Z6 and Z7 announced with in body stablization.

Then people would simply buy it with the adapter.
Either way, time will tell - I don't see why they couldn't do a dx mirrorless.
A U$600~900 camera with a U$299 adapter, when I can get a normal DX 600~900 camera + 1 lens? And rent and food? No.
It's not a matter of what you want them to build and sell, or my wish. Nor is it if they are capable. It's what is logic. And I do not see it, yet.

Who the heck ARE these people? Good grief! Neither of them particularly impresses me if this is their customary style of doing a "review." True, they did state that they only had an hour in an indoor environment with a pre-production camera and lenses but still..... They came across to me more like actors than actual photographers who really use any photographic gear.

For the record, I'm absolutely happy with my D850 (more camera than I deserve) and I have no interest in replacing it with anything. I'm just a very entertained bystander in this melee! :sleep::whistle::D
You should be happy with that awesome camera! My two cameras are getting a little dated and I would love to replace them with something small. So I am really hoping these Z cameras turn out to be wonderful!

And I like your pictures better than theirs and mine. You shoot from the heart and it shows. So buy from the heart and you'll do great :) (Friday night philosophy following a late dinner!**)

** First clear air about 10 days, so my wife and I went for a long walk, which took longer than expected, since half the neighborhood was out too, and we had to stop and talk :) Ah, community!

Last edited:
You should be happy with that awesome camera! My two cameras are getting a little dated and I would love to replace them with something small. So I am really hoping these Z cameras turn out to be wonderful!
By the time one puts the adapter on and then one of the larger F-mount lenses, just how small and/or light is either of these new cameras actually going to be?

And I like your pictures better than theirs and mine. You shoot from the heart and it shows. So buy from the heart and you'll do great :) (Friday night philosophy following a late dinner!)
You are so kind! Wish I could buy from the heart instead of my wallet. My boss is semi retiring and my workload has been cut way back.so I need to spend my limited budget wisely. Whatever I buy needs to be something that will last for a long time.

Absolutely! Seeing and handling one in person, putting a native lens on it, then putting the adapter and an older F-mount lens on it, would be the best strategy before making a purchase.

With the two new cameras I purchased recently, one of them was an update to a model I already had so I did not hesitate to preorder it immediately, but the other was something I had not seen, not handled, and so it was important for me to go to the store and spend a little time with a display model before making the final decision to purchase.

I'm still thinking about the Sony A7III, but one reason I have not simply jumped in to grab one whenever this elusive and apparently very popular creature makes a brief appearance at either an online or B&M retail store is because I have not had an opportunity to handle one, to see how it feels in my hands, to see how one or two of the native lenses in which I am most interested feel and how they balance on it, etc. I figure that maybe sometime later in the fall it will be more readily available and then I can check it out in person and make a decision.....

Last edited:
Fun bit: (about the AF) it’s not that it’s a pre-production thing...
I don’t want to scare any one.... there will be firmware updates...
So what is it Chelsea??
Yeah, it’s clickbait for profit. In itself not a problem, lots of their content is educational, but their style gets a bit much after a while. And humor is hard, even for the best comedians.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom