New Zealand - South Island (Huge Panorama)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DMcG, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I managed to find some more time to delve into the shots from our South Island tour ... and couldn't resist another play with Autostitch. This is Lake Wanaka in the South Island - the mountain range in the background is Mount Aspiring National Park.

This is 14 shots - a full 180 degrees - Autostitched together, cropped and re-sized a tad - the original size is a mere 4000 x 500 :shock: and can be found at -
    http://www.pbase.com/dmcg/image/41631101/original

I'm really starting to love this software as it enables me to capture with a lot more accuracy the great sweeping scenes I find. I think this one brings out the peace and tranquility of the lake and the lurking mountains in the background quite nicely - and I still can't find the joins !

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Job Doug,

Quite a beautiful area.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Nice job very nicely done, looks liek a beautiful area

4. Very nicely done Dougie!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yet one more place for me to add to the list of places I'd like to visit....Great work!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely Dougie. Now all you need to do is print it out on a strip about 40 feet long, and wrap it aroung you so you can see the real 360 degree view.... 8)

Regards,

Frank

7. Thanks folks.

This is one I might atually take to the labs and get at least an A3 long version of it.