Newbie here

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Nov 2, 2005.

1. and this is the sort of thing I like to do with the photos I take.
    http://www.pbase.com/ramseyd/image/41111938 (images not showing up -- I guess I'm doing something wrong... )
    Not a huge fan of plug-ins per se, except Buzz Simplify and do most of my modifications with art history brushes and actions that very talented, caring people have shared freely.
    Another of my favorites is http://www.pbase.com/ramseyd/image/27716234. Just about anything is fair game in my view finder except people unless it's very small children who don't know what a camera is yet.
    http://www.pbase.com/ramseyd/image/34502164 As I'm a kayak enthusiast and live virtually on the water, I get to slip into places that ordinary boats can't go -- this sailboat is gone now but it was abandoned and in that location for nearly a year.
    Equipment I use is an old Canon G2 while out on the water or a Canon 10D DSLR. Your critique or suggestions for improvement are more than welcome.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Here ya go Diane,

I really love that sailboat :>))

Lets see if I can help. (hummm thats a guess)

there is a little icon that is a square, yellow with a mountain in it. Select that, up at the top of the window will appear a rectangular bar, top of screen. that says http in it
    then just right click, paste and add.jpg to it and it will show linked. Leave off original or large and just use the number of the pic with the .jpg.

I am not to good a splainin things :>)))

cheers Gal
    Great work.

3. Thanks a bunch, Gale - I tried that before (adding the .jpg) and all that showed up was the link -but I must have done something wrong. In other words, do it like we do in dpreview for posting a pic and it should show up, correct??

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    HummmmmDiane
    there must be a setting when you set up, when you get onto the forum to post pics. they have changed interfaces 3 times.
    Let me go see
    what I can find.

5. Diane
    First let me say these are great in the way you worked them for canvas presentation. The sailbot is very nice indeed.
    please let me try to simplify gale's splainin

simply type in the following
    Then insert your link from pbase
    then close it with
    these two link thingies whatever they are called should immediatly preceed and follow your link. It should then show.
    Now did that help????
    Dave
    welcome BTW

6. HI Diane. Welcome to the cafe. I was wondering when you would come on over here. This is where I have been spending most of my time. Once in a while, I head over to Retouching but lately been here.

You will find that the people over here are nothing like the ones on dpreview. They are great people. Very friendly too.

Hope you stay here for a while and keep posting your great works of art.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful post-processing techniques

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    NO! Sorry Diane, it does not work here like it does on DPR. If you just put the address of a picture, all you get is a link to the picture. You need to put [​IMG] after the address. Don't leave any space between the address and the tags. Then you'll get the picture in your post.

Go to Gale's post in this thread, the one with the pictures. Then push the 'Quote' button at the bottom of the post. It'll come up in a text box so you can see just how she did it.

9. Ok - I think I got it! ;-)

For you old darkroom enthusiasts, used to enjoy doing polarizations or the Sabattier (sp?) method and by adjusting curves in Photoshop, you can accomplish the same effect almost and much more inexpensively particularly in color. Anyhow, this was my first effort at playing with this and it may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but it is different and worth exploring. 51728116. .

Again, thanks for everyone's help in posting pics - must have been having a "senior" moment.:Dizzy: :redface:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Diane,
    that is really very pretty. Love the way the flowers came out in this.
    I had a look on retouching how you did that with curves. Pretty cool !!!!!

Glad you got the posting images ok now.
    Sorry I was not more help.

But alas Chris to the rescue and Paul thanks also!!!

11. Gorgeous/awesome work, as always....glad you have come over to the Cafe :smile:

12. Thank you Mike - I think it'll be fun to hang around here. :smile:

13. cricket

cricket Guest

Very nice! I espeically like your treatment of the dogwood. I was trying to figure out why I liked that one best and I think it is the composition. I find the "from the side" image a bit surprising and exciting. JMO :)

You did a really beautiful job on all three of these!

Cricket

14. Cricket!

Thank you so much for commenting and GREAT to see you here! Hope you will share your talent on this forum. Now, do you think we can talk MikeF into joining??:biggrin:

15. Hi, Diane

Welcome to the "Cafe". Your work is inspiring and it will be fun having your input to the group.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. I find inserting an image (with the newest changes to the cafe format) difficult too. I insert a URL and then manually type this at the beginning: [​IMG] at the end. There used to be a way of inserting an image without doing this but that disappeared with the latest rev of the cafe format. Don't know if this will help but thought I'd offer it.

16. Welcome Cricket. Good to see you over here. I think you are going to like it here. I see more and more retouching members coming over here.

Hope to see your wonderful talent over here on the retouching forum. I am burned on retouching but I do help others here when they need it.

17. Gibby Fan

Gibby Fan Guest

That is a nice technique Diane and Gale. Very, very nice, my Florida friends....lol