Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Who's running this railroad?

What's a "meme"?

Where are the rules for Oktoberfest?

Is it too late to participate?

2. Frank,

Here is a thread on Oktoberfest. Based on the titles of the threads, I'm guessing you must shoot with (solely) 2 primes for the entire month.

And here is the definition of meme.

:smile:

As to too late....dunno. In the 366, we welcome people to join at any time. :wink: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. I am sure it is not too late. I joined late for the July Meme. It is a lot of fun, lots of great pics, and a real learning experience to see what people are shooting with their primes. If you have a vacation or shoot or whatever, you get a temporary excuse to use a different lens. I think.

come join the fun

4. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Jump on board Frank. Start your thread, pick your prime(s) and add any bolt ons as nesseccary. Im a day behind myself, so Ill do double today. Gretchen's post above has all your other answers.

5. I hope to try one of these next year some time. Currently I switch lenses too much in trying to save memories of the kids....so not the right timing for me. :smile:

6. Is there a list of definitions somewhere?

I see terms like prime player, pure prime, bolt on, etc.

Is there a list of terms and categories of participation somewhere?

As long as this has been going on, I'm surprised his info hasn't been gathered into one post and made into a sticky.

7. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    I'm with ya Frank! I just found this stuff today. Can I add a question to your thread? If you don't mind?

Do we have to post a picture every day? I only get to shoot on the weekends so if we have to post each day, I'm out. If we can do a couple a week, then I'll join, if it isn't too late.

8. There are two threads on the pages listed below....by Tim (Waltny) and Craig (Martell) that pretty well explain it. Apparently the "rules" of our photo meme are in an evolutionary phase.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=186520&page=3

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=186520&page=4

Hope this helps.

9. Come on in Frank. The water is fine!

10. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Those are good ones Harry. The prime challenges are fairly standard I think, once a quater with the spring/fall ones being 2 prime option and the winter/summer so far have been 1 prime. There have been weekly challenges on off peak times along with grab a certain prime. I kinda piped up first and was allowed to run with Oktoberfest this year. I talked to folks who had "hosted" before and Mods/Admin that are usually in the Misc forum to make sure all was well.
    Also I though I went well out of my way to get the announcements and stickies in the General Discussion and Lens Lust forum. Next time we can coordinate a little better.

Leslie come on in and join the fun, post as often as you can(thats your bolt on)...

11. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.