newbie posting

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by krispee, Apr 10, 2007.

1. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    hi all....
    i`m a newbie here and thought i`d post a couple of monos and a colour to introduce myself....all of Brent Tor on a moor called Dartmoor in Devon in the UK....
    brenttorchapel_bw.

brenttorchapel_clr.

thestones_bw.

both monos have been converted from colour and have been retouched in photoshop....
    thanks for looking...

krispee

2. This is a country I must explore more of.

I always seem to get to Ireland and find so much to photograph that I never make it to the UK.

I plan on changing that this year. Very nice photos and welcome to the cafe!

Cheers Mate! :smile:

3. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    irishbryan: yes, you must come further lol lots to see, endless opportunities for photography here.....and thanks....

kris

4. Nice pics, i like especially the last one, very dramatic! I have been in the Dartmoor area 20 years ago with my wife, we stayed at Bellever hostel (i think that is the correct name), a great place to be and to take photos...
    Andreas

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    thanks guys but i must confess, i posted the wrong photo.....that last one is, in fact, one from new zealand i posted by mistake....sorry!

kris

7. What a pity - would make a beautiful spot in the Dartmoor :biggrin:
    anyway, I like the photo...
    Andreas

8. Easy mistake Kris, I get things upside down often !!!
    Lovely images, I do like #3 best for contrast and the impact that has given.

9. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Welcome to the Cafe Kris! Nice shots...

10. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    thanks guys....

kris

11. Welcome! I like the images and the style. Look forward to more

12. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    cheers Dave....

kris

13. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Kris,
    Very nice shots. I especially like the b&w treatment. The subject matter lends itself to it and you did a good conversion.
    Mike