Newborn in B&W

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Terri French, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We decided to get out the studio equipment and attempt some photos of my week old grandson. We were hoping for some naked shots. The only problem is that he doesn't like having his clothes off. He just screamed. We decided that the diaper would have to stay and attempted to calm him enough for a shot or two. Here are the results.

original.

original.

Mom didn't want her photo taken, but I couldn't resist when she tried to calm the baby.

View attachment 257764

View attachment 257765

2. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    Wonderful and personal..

3. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Wow, these turned out great. It's not easy I know. I took pics of my week old nephew and I found it's best right after feeding. :) 

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
  5. These are very nice Terri! Get the naked baby shots while he's sleeping...

BTW, I'm going to need some tips on becoming a grandfather soon... :wink:

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, folks. BTW, we tried the photos right after feeding. And if he is sleeping and you try to take his clothes off, he just starts screaming. If you have the clothes off first, he won't go to sleep. We'll keep experimenting, but he really doesn't like his clothes off!!

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Jim,
    You'll be a natural. All you have to do is love them!! Treats and presents help, too!!

8. This b&w of Jade and his mom is the money shot, Terri! I love it.

original.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Glad you liked it. It was just a shot I took as she tried to comfort the baby.

10. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    I'm so glad you stole that one: it's beautiful.

11. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Your daughter and the baby shot is just perfect.

Terri - seeing as you have the C&C symbol up - on the conversions I notice that the whites of the babies eyes are a little grey - I know a lot of babies have slight jaundice that makes the eye whites less white.

I also really like the second "crying" shot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.