1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Newer DX full size pro body ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by mike367, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Anybody think Nikon will offer a new full size DX pro body in the near future ? Im looking at the D2Xs and while its a fine camera I would hate to buy one and then have the latest and greatest show up.:rolleyes:  Mike

2. Welcome to the digital era. There will ALWAYS be something bigger and better.

3. There is talk of a 24 mp FX camera with a 10 mp DX crop - in a pro body. Then there is talk of a modular Nikon with replaceable sensors - an FX and DX. All talk it this point.

4. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    No kidding there :smile: When it comes to digital, buy it today and have fun with it. If you are worried about what comes out tomorrow you will never be happy.

My theory and many people here feel the same. Invest in nice glass first then worry about digital bodies.

That would be nice.
    I'll take 10fps in FX and 15 in DX. How sweet it would be.

5. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Yes it's called the D3. You can shoot in DX crop mode.

6. Why not go with the D3? I agree that would be the best option. Best of both worlds>

7. How about a new pro DX body with 12+ megapixels?

8. It would make sense to make another pro dx body because of the money spent on R and D on the line of dx lenses.

9. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    One can only wish...

D3? No...DX is a benefit for my shooting style..but not at 6mp..

10. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    I wouldn't hold your breathe. DX is headed for extinction.

11. The DX size is 43% of the FX size. So if the FX was 15, the DX would only be a bit more than 6.5 mp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.