Newest addition to the family

I've been away for a while as my photography took a back seat to other events going on in my life over the past couple of years. This is copied from another forum as it's a bit long, but I also wanted to post here as this is pretty much where I got my start in learning serious photography and think of it as my home of sorts.

It has been quite a long time since I've posted here. I've been going through a lot of things the past couple of years between being unemployed and now recently losing my father to Lung Cancer, and my mother ending up in a nursing home. My photography took a back seat to everything else going on, and I kinda just curled up in a corner for a bit. However on a good note the new job is going great, and I'm starting to slowly get back on my feet again.

Another sad time during all this was back in March of 2015, I posted on here that we had to put down my best friend Tundra when he completely lost use of his back legs and was unable to stand or move. We rescued him from a local shelter at around the age of 5 in late 2006. He was the best dog anyone could ask for. Here is a photo of him for the people who haven't seen him.

RhMaULT3PVM3av0nKibOMjDZJVtMNOYR6T8yOL2_H5umI93DQpzuS0FREoZpSTMK-M0IYvtvk7ko2NYqgh=w1080-h716-no.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few weeks ago my fiancee sent me a text of a beautiful Siberian Husky puppy at a local small scale breeder. We decided to check her out, and we really liked what we saw of both the family raising them, and the puppies themselves so we put our deposit down to get her.

We named her Zema which is the Russian word for "Winter". She was the first born of a litter of 7 puppies, and she also was the largest weighing a full pound at birth. Another thing that we found out later was that she was born on July 10 2016 at 6:58PM which is 11.5 hours after my father passed away from his Lung Cancer. Here's a few photo's that I've taken of her both before we picked her up and after. I will post a comment on each photo explaining.

This is the first time we went to see her. She is only 6 weeks old here, and we immediately fell in love with her cute little pink nose and brilliant blue eyes.
qFissl7AavJNkJCoHtFD20DIFLUhN9ABB4lgoaLVQzx0lgIn9iqyvc3vSF0U3hAb53xbgInNySq888C9gU=w1080-h716-no.jpg

We went and saw her again at 7 weeks of age, and she was curled up sleeping with one of three red Huskies in the litter named Zelda.
5yEspxSkqy6nK9AqYMfwZ2wN254jqXNVWa4GPR-sJ_uDRfWnQZaZjBM1sAqRoxforxkQa9TwAfin-2xjJ0=w1080-h720-no.jpg

This photo was taken the day after we brought her home. This really shows off those brilliant blue eyes she has.
szZQjxijGWjO0rTL_Kx3c_OynkPf4IZxFxOWcRC3mTnIx0fv4BDDHYE_ofdU9MeAkJEJe83IRNr4A7P4Cg=w1080-h716-no.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots so far of her posing.
qczMf09TRxKc9FMxlHylKBbI7w7BcSU6H0Gwrg5vJxZvpitOAHStIqwWqX2Yt9qSLc08j6nFC97-RNfUBf=w1080-h716-no.jpg

We get compliments on her everywhere we go, and she seems to fit in well with our other two dogs. I'm so glad we found her when we did.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
First, I am so sorry about your dad's passing and your mom's health. You have my condolences. Second, what a gorgeous dog; those eyes! I have a feeling that she as well as your other pets are going to provide you with years of pleasure and companionship.

Last, congrats on the new job! I'm glad things are going well for you!

It's good to see you back here again, Gary. What a beauty Zema is!!

My condolences on the loss of your father. The death of a loved one is never easy, but it sounds as though things are now on the up in your life generally. My dog is 2 now and I remember those wonderful puppy days and the 'cuteness' phase! Zema's a real beauty who will be a best friend and companion for many years. I've a feeling we're going to see a lot more of her in the cafe!

Latest threads

Top Bottom