Newfoundland's cliffs at sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by scott grant, Jun 28, 2007.

1. this is my first post so be gentle! :tongue: joking.

comments and critiques please!

taken last night on a D200 with Sigma 10-20mm.

lark+harbour+cliffs+at+sunset.

2. Was looking forward to seeing some of that great Nfld. scenery!

Nice shot!

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Beautiful, Scott, but I wish you'd stand back from the edge -- my acraphobia won't let me look at the whole image:biggrin:.

4. thank you Dan. you have some very fine images in your pbase gallery.

SG

5. you're not the only one scared of heights!

about 30 feet behind me a fog horn blarred every 20 seconds or so. it was almost a little on the scetchy side standing where i was as the horn literally made me jump, even though i knew that it was coming. not a nice feeling when standing so close to a 200 foot cliff.

however, after viewing the pics this morning i feel the headache i went home with was well worth it. :smile:

6. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Wow!! That is a fantastic shot! The emotions evoked by the shot are truly amazing. Glad you took the chance on the edge. Really Superb job.

7. great capture Scott....makes me want to take my 10-20 out and use it more often!

8. thanks for the kind words! :redface:

9. it's a wonderful little lens. i'm just getting a chance to use it these last few months and i'm pretty stoked on it.

SG

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful image:>))))

11. I like it a lot. That type of photograph of jagged cliffs is exactly the type of shot that makes me think of Newfoundland! Well done!

12. Beautiful - I've never visited that part of Canada but it's on my short list. Incredible raw beauty out there and the warmest folks you could ever meet, I've heard.

13. thank you.

14. thanks bad dog.

15. Come on over one of these days. i'll fill you in on some of my favorite spots. :wink:

16. Beautiful area and a great vantage point. The gorgeous light capped it all off: very nice image!

17. thanks Frits...love the avatar!