Newly acquired Nikon - >6MP, 24fps

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by PatrickO, Aug 26, 2008.

1. PatrickO

PatrickO

Aug 5, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Yep, 24 frames per second and 6MP or more. :wink:

The newest acquisition to the bag - for a tenner. A Nikon Super 8 in good working condition :tongue:. Yes, it is something that Noah could have used to record his voyage. And yes, film and processing and conversion to HD are still apparently available from what I have seen at a variety of web sites (ouch -the prices :eek: ) And no, I'll not be threading a few hundred feet of this through the Coolscan :biggrin:

Actually it was bought for a purpose. A few work colleagues have a theory that most films are essentially remakes of old one's, so they make retro versions of new films. The last one, a spoof film called 'The Cruel Tea', actually saw light of day. So this is an experiment in using old equipment rather than aging film artificially.

Now I just have to find out where to buy the film and process it cheaply, load the thing, and how to actually shoot usefully.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ah, cool! I had and used a super-8 in the 70's. It was state of the art then. Now all I have left is the (macro, zoom) lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.