Next ...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jun 11, 2007.

1. i'm due for the chair...but i do it myself now..just scrape the scalp with the buzzer....kool shot

2. Well with my ellipsoidal head, no buzz cuts please! My barber had just got back from a Carribean cruise looking all tanned. His first day back ...

3. as an unwilling kid-customer...i sat in the chair looking into endless mirror layers. the old time building had shoulder to ceiling mirrors on both walls...Earl the barber had to train me to hold still with a large RING finger...finally figured to be still and it would not hurt

4. Very good image, Ray! looked for you in the mirror but couldn't see you. And your scans are masterful.

5. Yeah, as a kid I hated getting my hair cut especially those haircuts demanded by my father!

Ned, I purposefully angled the shot to keep myself out. This slow shutter, shallow dof shot is not my usual style. It's interesting but I don't know if "it's me" if you know what I mean! And thanks, I'm working at toning my images "down" a little.

6. Yeah I like this one too.

Didn't someone once say never get a haircut from a bald man? :biggrin:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I went right back to haircuts as a kid from this photo too!

Very cool shot Ray! You sure suggested the mirror thing well with this. And the tiny bit of camera motion helps make me feel like a nervous kid! I like this a lot.

8. Heh, heh - he's the best barber I've ever gone to. I got tired of the expense of foo-foo hair stylists. The next time I go in I want to take some straight, sharper images since he has some tats on his head! Real interesting guy, actually.

9. Yeah, I think maybe it's the Sweeny Todd syndrome at work!:wink:Thanks maybe I'll have to do some more shooting "out of my usual box"!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I've begun to think of it, not so much as being in boxes, as going through phases.

11. I'm anxious to get out of my current phase.

Also known as working too much and shooting too little.

12. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

lol

Great photo, Ray!

13. In my case, lunar phases perhaps?

Yeah, but think of the big bucks you're raking in! :biggrin:

Matthew, thanks! Next time I might take in my slr and that 28mm lens! :smile:

14. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

what I really like about your recent posts Ray is that they are all in relative focus. Sounds dumb perhaps but there has been a flurry of intentional grainy, soft and indiscriminate imagery here for quite some time. Not that I don't appreciate that approach as well (some will recall my intentionally gorked-out cellcam shots) but its somewhat refreshing to see a straight B&W film photo work so well.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    May I use that on a book jacket cover? :Unsure::BigGrin::Crunk:

16. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

sure......:wink:

meant that with love ya know.

17. Lol, this is about as radical as I get with the dof and graininess. Not my style but I DO like to see as much variety as possible in other's work. Heaven forbid that film should take on the drone like sameness that pervades much digital work. :biggrin:

To quote that sage philosopher Pepe Le Pew "Touché, mon ami!".

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    :579: I know, and appreciate!

:502:

19. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

its image that counts, not process. Film, dig? Who cares.