Next ...

Next.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well with my ellipsoidal head, no buzz cuts please! My barber had just got back from a Carribean cruise looking all tanned. His first day back ...

as an unwilling kid-customer...i sat in the chair looking into endless mirror layers. the old time building had shoulder to ceiling mirrors on both walls...Earl the barber had to train me to hold still with a large RING finger...finally figured to be still and it would not hurt

R

Removed User 2

Very good image, Ray! looked for you in the mirror but couldn't see you. And your scans are masterful.

as an unwilling kid-customer...i sat in the chair looking into endless mirror layers. the old time building had shoulder to ceiling mirrors on both walls...Earl the barber had to train me to hold still with a large RING finger...finally figured to be still and it would not hurt
Yeah, as a kid I hated getting my hair cut especially those haircuts demanded by my father!

Very good image, Ray! looked for you in the mirror but couldn't see you. And your scans are masterful.
Ned, I purposefully angled the shot to keep myself out. This slow shutter, shallow dof shot is not my usual style. It's interesting but I don't know if "it's me" if you know what I mean! And thanks, I'm working at toning my images "down" a little.

Real Name
Chris
as an unwilling kid-customer...i sat in the chair looking into endless mirror layers. ...
I went right back to haircuts as a kid from this photo too!

Very cool shot Ray! You sure suggested the mirror thing well with this. And the tiny bit of camera motion helps make me feel like a nervous kid! I like this a lot.

Yeah I like this one too.

Didn't someone once say never get a haircut from a bald man? :biggrin:
Heh, heh - he's the best barber I've ever gone to. I got tired of the expense of foo-foo hair stylists. The next time I go in I want to take some straight, sharper images since he has some tats on his head! Real interesting guy, actually.

I went right back to haircuts as a kid from this photo too!

Very cool shot Ray! You sure suggested the mirror thing well with this. And the tiny bit of camera motion helps make me feel like a nervous kid! I like this a lot.
Yeah, I think maybe it's the Sweeny Todd syndrome at work!:wink:Thanks maybe I'll have to do some more shooting "out of my usual box"!

B

BigPixel

what I really like about your recent posts Ray is that they are all in relative focus. Sounds dumb perhaps but there has been a flurry of intentional grainy, soft and indiscriminate imagery here for quite some time. Not that I don't appreciate that approach as well (some will recall my intentionally gorked-out cellcam shots) but its somewhat refreshing to see a straight B&W film photo work so well.

what I really like about your recent posts Ray is that they are all in relative focus. Sounds dumb perhaps but there has been a flurry of intentional grainy, soft and indiscriminate imagery here for quite some time. Not that I don't appreciate that approach as well (some will recall my intentionally gorked-out cellcam shots) but its somewhat refreshing to see a straight B&W film photo work so well.
Lol, this is about as radical as I get with the dof and graininess. Not my style but I DO like to see as much variety as possible in other's work. Heaven forbid that film should take on the drone like sameness that pervades much digital work. :biggrin:

May I use that on a book jacket cover? :Unsure::BigGrin::Crunk:
To quote that sage philosopher Pepe Le Pew "Touché, mon ami!".

B

BigPixel

Lol, this is about as radical as I get with the dof and graininess. Not my style but I DO like to see as much variety as possible in other's work. Heaven forbid that film should take on the drone like sameness that pervades much digital work. :biggrin:

To quote that sage philosopher Pepe Le Pew "Touché, mon ami!".

its image that counts, not process. Film, dig? Who cares.

Latest threads

Top Bottom