NHRA Division 7 Races

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jimz68, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Here's a few from Infineon Raceway today.

DSC_5434.

DSC_5433.

DSC_5417.

DSC_5386.

DSC_0175.

DSC_0171.

DSC_0114.

Thanks for looking!

Jim

2. Nice shots. I really like the Patron car.

3. Fantastic Shooting, Jim! The last one is my favorite. :smile:

4. Walt

Walt

Jun 12, 2008
    North Carolina
    Beautiful, love the colors.

walt

5. Great shots Jim... Thanks for sharing them...
    Did you have a pass to be able to get so close to the action..???

6. Yes. I have a Season Hard Card for Infineon that gives me photo access for all events held there. The only thing I didn't have was a Restricted Area Pass for the NHRA National race. They are really hard to get. I'll be there again in a few weeks for the IRL/GrandAm weekend. One of the support races is for the Historic Grand Prix cars. I'll be covering that for "Vintage Racecar Journal".

Thanks,
    Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  7. Sweet shots. Nothing beats standing right next to the track. I have had the opportunity to do the same, great fun (ear protection required.) Especially when a blower decides to go :) 

8. Thanks!
    And nothing like smelling like Nitro until you take two showers!:biggrin:
    I use custom molded ear plugs I bought at a Huning/Outdoors Expo. They really work well. I like them better than the "ear-muff" type.
    A good friend of mine was hit in the shoulder by blower chunks at Pomona a few years ago. The guy next to him was hit in the head!

Jim

9. i like this series, a lot
    the first 2 might have benefitted from a bit higher shutter speed
    but.... the colors and the action of very good

thanks for sharing these with us

10. Jim,

These are all great shots ...... I'm pretty new to photography and don't shoot action shots. Just wondering if you aim and shoot or pan with the car and shoot. Whatever you do, you do itr very well.

Regards,

11. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Nice work!

about half my work is at the local dragstrip - always a good time!

the loudest and hottest thing to go past me was a jet car - I'm almost used to nitro burning my eyes...lol

DSC_0144.

12. Thanks Dave!
    I know what you mean about shooting the jet cars! I remember the first time I was close to one (at night) when he "burped" the afterburner, I almost wet myself!!!:biggrin:
    They're a blast! (bada-boom!)

Jim

13. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    i hear ya.... i took this shot just to get the other photog's reactions - most were not drag strip shooters.....PRICELESS!

DSC_0146.

14. That's funny!!
    How do you like the shooters that kneel down with their elbows on the wall!!
    Oooohh! You have soft,cushy grass to stand on. Where we stand at Infineon is actually the main straightaway for the road course!

Cheers!
    Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.