Nice church from the 14th century

Here, in Oporto we have an old church built in 1394, by the river, plenty of historical interest. Acording to the tradition, it was built by portuguese sailers that wished to thank for being alive after a strong storm they faced on their way from England.
I find the painted tiles beautiful and therefore I'd like to share it with you together with the above story:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 99196

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Todo bem Rui,
viveu em portugal por um ano e meio. Tenho saldads. E como bob dis nao a picturas.
I hope at least some of that is understandable.

Rui, you have posted these properly but in tracing them back it indicates that the image file is missing. Either you have removed these files or else you have the wrong number for them. Could you try again and verify that the image number is correct.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you Gordon...

Actually I checked the situation and you are right. Yesterday evening I deleted the original PBase files by mistake.
Here is the original post and the missing files:

Here, in Oporto we have an old church built in 1394, by the river, plenty of historical interest. Acording to the tradition, it was built by portuguese sailers that wished to thank for being alive after a strong storm they faced on their way from England.
I find the painted tiles beautiful and therefore I'd like to share it with you together with the above story:

View attachment 99198

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Thanks for the help again.

Some more from the last week...

Thank you all for the kind words. Actually I am preparing a more serious gallery focused on this subject. Among the large stuff I still have to organize, here are some recently taken:

View attachment 99200
View attachment 99201
View attachment 99202
View attachment 99203
View attachment 99204

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Rui:
Excellent work here. Very interesting subject, well captured.
Care to share your method? Lens, lighting?
Thanks
Dave

Thanks Dave...

For the outside pics I generally use either the 18-200VR, 80-200 2.8 and 28 2.8 Ais.
Inside, the SIGMA 10-20, 18-200, 28 Ais, and 35 f/2. Always on tripod using Mup and a remote. Apertures between f/8 and f/11. Always in manual, ISO 100 and very often center weighted.
For some difficult light conditions, I merge 5 or 7 different exposures in photomatix but I'm still learning it.
Best Regards

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom