Nice church from the 14th century

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Here, in Oporto we have an old church built in 1394, by the river, plenty of historical interest. Acording to the tradition, it was built by portuguese sailers that wished to thank for being alive after a strong storm they faced on their way from England.
    I find the painted tiles beautiful and therefore I'd like to share it with you together with the above story:

View attachment 99196

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    no photos

3. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Todo bem Rui,
    viveu em portugal por um ano e meio. Tenho saldads. E como bob dis nao a picturas.
    I hope at least some of that is understandable.

4. ^^
    Yea what he said :) 

Anthony

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well we could invent some
    Post your old church pics here:>)))))

6. Rui, you have posted these properly but in tracing them back it indicates that the image file is missing. Either you have removed these files or else you have the wrong number for them. Could you try again and verify that the image number is correct.

7. Thank you Gordon...

Actually I checked the situation and you are right. Yesterday evening I deleted the original PBase files by mistake.
    Here is the original post and the missing files:

View attachment 99198

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Thanks for the help again.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Alright:>)))
    Very nice shots:>))
    Thanks for bringing them back

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Rui,
    I think I have looked at each of your posts on the churches of Oporto. The individual images are super, and taken together, this series is fascinating. Thank you.

10. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Rui:
    Excellent work here. Very interesting subject, well captured.
    Care to share your method? Lens, lighting?
    Thanks
    Dave

11. Thanks Dave...

For the outside pics I generally use either the 18-200VR, 80-200 2.8 and 28 2.8 Ais.
    Inside, the SIGMA 10-20, 18-200, 28 Ais, and 35 f/2. Always on tripod using Mup and a remote. Apertures between f/8 and f/11. Always in manual, ISO 100 and very often center weighted.
    For some difficult light conditions, I merge 5 or 7 different exposures in photomatix but I'm still learning it.
    Best Regards

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.