Critique Nick's (Palouse) 52 week project 2020: WEEK 44

WEEK 16

Took your advice and cleaned my window (from week 14)

W16-141_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Big high-rise buildings probably do..... I'm in a garden complex, and while we do get the buildings power-washed every couple of years or so and/or the windows washed when we're having painting done, in-between we have to look after our windows ourselves. In the units that are three or four stories up, well, washing all of their windows from the outside isn't possible without a long ladder, which most of us don't have. I'm pretty fortunate in that I can reach most of my windows from the ground level or my deck, but not all of them......and getting to the bedroom windows is a pain because of the prickly bushes right underneath my windows, not to mention having to remove the screens, etc. I do fine with cleaning the windows on the inside, though -- but the outside can be problematic!

Decided to throw in a few more for Week 16. Nothing great, but it kept me away from window washing! I was playing with my 70-200 and TC1.4 and these guys showed up. Wish I'd had my 200-500. Sigh.

1. Native western redstem dogwood buds.
MS006_DxO.jpg

2A. Lesser Goldfinch. These guys drove me nuts a few years ago—I could hear them but could never see them. Now that I have bird feeders out they spend a lot of time with us. Among the neatest eaters, especially compared to Nuthatches!
MS019_openWith_DxO.jpg

2B.
MS091_openWith_DxO.jpg

2C.
MS099_openWith_DxO.jpg

3. A new tree rat has appeared. Not as well fed as my resident pair!
MS050_openWith_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
WEEK 17.

1. My wife "invited" me along for a morning walk. This climbing Hydrangea on our patio welcomed me to the morning.
CircleB007_DxO.jpg

2. Mr and Mrs Canada Goose wanted me to maintain social distancing—lots of honking and violent head bobbing and goose stepping.
CircleB016_DxO.jpg

3. The Mallard family were friendlier.
CircleB024_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BLX
Wow, you've got goslings and ducklings already!!!! Still waiting here..... and I think our temperatures are a lot warmer than yours! Yeah, those geese don't waste any time in letting you know their boundaries, especially when little ones are involved.....LOL!

Also waiting for Hydrangeas.....the bush just beneath my bedroom window is only now starting to show signs of emerging from wintertime hiding......

WEEK 18

Some evenings the photo op just jumps out at you and hits you over the head!
It was sunset and my phone lit up with half a dozen or so texts telling me to take my camera out side. Being the obedient guy that I am ( :rolleyes: :cautious: ) I did.
There was the most amazing sky—about 270º of the most colorful clouds in every color imaginable. Here are four:

1. Looking North
W18-006_DxO.jpg

2. South
W18-002_DxO.jpg

3. West
W18-003_DxO.jpg

4. East
W18-001_DxO.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom