Critique Nick's (Palouse) 52 week project 2020: WEEK 44

I like these images, Nick, especially that second one! I'm glad you identified what the object is on top of the speaker, as I kept looking at that with interest and curiosity and was delighted to see it in its entirety on its own in the third shot! A Ponderosa needle basket, eh? it's really cool!

Yes, funny how often just when we get a new camera or a new lens then the weather or some other event makes it difficult if not impossible to get out and play with the new gear! I've had that happen more than a couple times! That dust and smoke must be really unpleasant and I hope that things clear up for you soon. I also hope for the sakes of the people in the various states experiencing those awful fires and the incredible heat that they, too, will get some relief very soon.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Congratulations my friend.
70 is a proud amount of years.
But you have known how to fill them… (y)

Go on, taking pictures, enjoying wine and pamper your wonderful wife.

All the best wishes
Klaus

Nice set Nick, particularly image 1 stands out for me. We don’t get much snow in the south east corner here in the UK which is why I’m attracted to it.

Regards
Ben

WEEK 37

Maybe I will find something more hopeful than this by tomorrow. Taken at about 5:30 it shows the starkness of our atmosphere. We've gone from Yellow to Dark Red in about 1.5 hours. I continue to worry about all of those in the line of fire. Heroes all.

Smoke017-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WEEK 38

A couple from the back yard.

1. It's been dry, and hot, and the fall equinox is almost on us. A gentle reminder.
Humor005_Nik.jpg

2. A couple of late season, post modern dragonflies.

Humor007.jpg

Last edited:
I like that contrast in your first shot between the darkness and shapes of the evergreen (?) bushes and then the solitary, lighter, aberrant leaf gently lying on top that is only one of many which will eventually be drifting down and landing everywhere as the temperatures drop and the climate, following nature's guidelines, shifts......

Hee, hee, on that second image -- well, at first I looked, and thought, "gee, and I haven't seen a single darned dragonfly all summer here!" and then another thought snagged me, I looked again, more carefully.....LOL!!!! Well shot, well placed dragonflies! :)

WEEK 39

1. Bosc pears ready for the picking.
Scapes032.jpg

2. Flies like pears too?
Scapes026.jpg

3. Sumac says it's fall.

Scapes019.jpg

Ooh, those pears look luscious! I am not a huge fruit fan, but I do like pears and berries! I like the colors in these images: rich, inviting......celebrating nature as she begins the transition from summer to fall! You are clearly enjoying your new birthday gift a lot -- that Z-7 and its additional resolving power works beautifully with the excellent 24-70mm lens!

As I mentioned elsewhere, life got in the way, so a picture of stuff I found in my office is all you get this week, sorry :(
I always wondered what information was being recorded by FoCal via their lens calibration target. Being an all Z household, this is truly a relic!
W40-003.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom