Night Football & 300mmf2.8 questions??

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by oldnslow, Aug 28, 2008.

1. oldnslow

oldnslow

Sep 23, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I am trying to decided which 300mm 2.8 to get other than the vr version. I have a d300(so you know) and am wondering if this body will crank(screwdrive) the AF or AF-I version good enough or do i need to get a pro body(d2hs) to crank these lenses, i assume that the AF-S version would do great(if you can find one for sale) with either camera body. Also with refference to "night time shooting" which would be the better focusing body-d300 or d2hs. thanks for your response and any other info.

David

2. I have the D300 and a 300 2.8 AF-I and have never had an issue with focusing speed or tracking during night football. Every now and then, maybe 1 in 100, it will hunt for a second. I just let off the focus-on button and re-press and it picks right up. It never does that in the daylight BTW.

Any other questions just let us know

See Ya
    Dennis

3. The AF_I is decent, although I just saw a few 300 AF-S's for sale on the FM board. I don't ever see me getting rid of mine:biggrin:

4. oldnslow

oldnslow

Sep 23, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I saw those on the FM board and they went like hotcakes!!!!
    anyone else have a comment.

David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.