1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Night Football

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mgphotos, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mgphotos

mgphotos

Jan 17, 2008
    Texas
    Ok this is not the best shot but I wanted to try shooting a night game. To begin with the lighting at this field was not good at all and I seamed to struggle a lot getting the camera to focus. I'd like some input as to what camera settings others have been using. As for the focusing it might just be me but I've also had times in good light that the camera would not focus and had to turn it off and back on for it to focus. Has anyone else been seeing this problem? I have the D300 an 18-70 and 70-200VR\2.8 and have had this focus issue with both lens. The image below has no editing other than resize and was shot at 200mm using the 70-200 lens. Any suggestions welcome.

Picture Control - Std
    Color Space - sRGB
    Aperture - 2.8
    Shutter - 400
    ISO - 3200
    Auto Focus - Dynamic AF 21 point Continuos
    Metering - Center-weighted

medium.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. Try, 9pt or 1 pt on the focus, the camera has too many objects to try and focus on.

3. mgphotos

mgphotos

Jan 17, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks Geoff! I'll give that a try tomorrow night if the weather holds off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.