Night life in Thunder Bay

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Bohdan, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Is really not that exciting...unless you want to hang around the Current River Dam and hope to see a fish jump! Wait....come to think of it....that's what I was doing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bohdan

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Doesn't look exciting at all. Unless you are looking for intreging photo ops! The first one has a mystery and quiet mood about it. It's easy to follow the bridge to the other sde and wonder what lies there.

The second picture, with the city in the background, shows two worlds in contrast. Well done Bohdan!

3. Thanks for your feedback Chris!

This was the mood that I tried to capture...The lake at this time of night is so peacful and quiet...the darkness certainly adds to the mystery.
    The buildings in the background are grain elevators. Evidence of a local industry that has recently fallen on hard times . But through it all there is a reminder of the tranquil beauty of nature with the lake in the foreground.

Bohdan

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Bohdan,

Very nice. I love the warm colors in the second shot....Has a very eerie feel to it, as though I wonder what lurks beneath the calm water.

The first, like Christ said, draws your eyes from one end of the bridge all the way across the picture to the other end of the bridge. Very well done.

5. Thanks for your comments Leigh..I Appreciate the feedback.. Was a fun morning ...even for the "light of my life" my wife Hanusia

[​IMG]

You can make her out underneath the lamp post.

Bohdn

6. Bohdan, lovely shots. Nice colors especially on the second one.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    In a word

Beautiful..

and what the others said.

8. Thanks Benoit...

Bohdan

9. Much appreciated Gale...The colours of the night were too much to pass up.

bohdan