1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Night Photogs: Tonight is the peak for Perseids Meteors

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Fort Photo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Well we have a bit of moon to contend with after midnight or so, but early viewing should be good if it's clear in your area. Look to the northeast after sunset and enjoy the show! For more viewing details, check this article, or this one.

And for some enticement here's two of my Perseid images from last year at N. Cascades National Park (click for larger, shot details are posted on my flickr stream with the images):

2827355561_8f31186b63.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3423535319_0ff9380c82.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Yeah, very nice - Lake Chelan perhaps?

We're having a 'perseid party' at the planetarium if cloud cover permits.

Sean

3. @Sean, good guess but actually that's from the Lake Diablo overlook. I was amazed by how clear it was last year. Another invaluable site for planning star viewing and photography opps is the ClearSky page where you can get a sort of forecast for how good star viewing will be from locations all over N. America. They even have light pollution info. Very handy!

4. Well taken images. The first one is my favorite of the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.