Night shoot with a local band

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by petert053, Nov 22, 2005.

1. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    ...one last post, then off to get some sleep...

A few weeks ago, I was working on some band promo shots for a local band. Here's one of my favorites... the odd thing is that it's a complete mistake. I was doing a long exposure and accidentally kicked the tripod. It hand an interesting effect on the image... the band seemed to like it (they wanted something unique and I think this gave it to them).

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Peter

2. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    What the??!!

Can any one see this picture? ...I know the link is right, but it's not displaying for me... my computer must be tired too!

3. I can see it fine! Gotta say sometimes the "accidents" are the ones that turn out the best. I think the effect in this shot is perfect for the intended purpose!! I can see why they were happy with it! This is one area I've always hoped I could get into. May need to remember to occasionally "kick the tripod"!!! :wink:

4. how cool is that????????/
    I am going to start kicking the he.. out mine cause I love it!
    Dave

5. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    The real trick for me is being able to pull this off again when somebody else says "...hey, I saw that picture your did for Before Dawn. Can you take one like that of us?" ...then watch me snicker and smile ear-to-ear!

Thanks for the comment...

6. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Oh great

First we had F stops and shutter speeds, EV's. Now we have tripod kicking to worry about.

Neat image - came out pretty neat.

7. I like it

Very nice effect... now to duplicate it...

Dave

8. RForshey

RForshey Guest

A very nice, unique shot. If I might be so bold as to offer a suggestion; I would remove the streaking tail light from the young lady's face. Great job!

9. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I've got mixed feelings on that little streak... it's distracting, for sure, but on the other hand, it's a little bit artistic too... if the band wants it out, then I'll edit it. But so far they haven't commented on it.

Thanks for the comments...

Peter