Night Shot...Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by scca2k, Jul 8, 2008.

1. scca2k

scca2k

Feb 22, 2008
    Charles Town WV
    Hey guys....I have been checking out alot of the night shots on the board and was wondering what some tips are to get a great shot...this one from last night using just the outside light....equipment D200 Tamron 12-24 f4 ISO 100 shutter 3sec

Thanks

DSC_0005-1.jpg

2. My 2 cents of course...

This would have worked if 1) Move the car to the right so the window in the building was not growing out of the front of the car. 2) a nicer/cleaner car 3) clone out the shadow in the lower right and top right 4) the reflection where the roof ends over the car is distracting

I like the light on in the upstairs window and the green tint of the image. Plus it is plenty sharp :)

3. chettrick

chettrick

Jun 12, 2008
    florida
    Yes, clean the car, always like to see nice paint on newer cars, the dirty look goes with the old trucks or beat up cars, unless it is the main focus of the shot.

4. scca2k

scca2k

Feb 22, 2008
    Charles Town WV
    thanks for the replies...i just used the neighbors car...just wanted to do a quick shot and see what should and should not be in there....i do not have an artistic eye so im trying to learn what to look for

Thanks again

5. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    No no no no.... Dirty is Good!

1676345917_c909555d97.jpg

sorry... I'll get my coat :redface: