Night with an F-15 (new photo link added)

Link to new photos https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=633003#post633003
One of the other units was leaving last night to go on a 4-month deployment, so I thought I would bring the D200 and my 50mm f/1.4 and see if I could get any shots.

It was a crappy night, very late/cold/raining/everything running behind schedule. I really didn't do a lot of post since I got home at 2:30am and have to be back at 9:30am (I need my sleep).

This was handheld at 1/5 of a second. I tried auto white balance, but it just didn't perform under this lighting or lack of, so went with a K of 2500. I played with ISO's from high-1 down to 640.

I did find that turning on d5: Exposure Delay Mode helped in getting sharper pictures at the slow speeds when handheld.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Nikon Cafe
well I would say it is as near perfect as one could want. It depicts the scene perfectly, as Gordon said "tension and excitement"
Dave

Noise, Noise, NOISE!!!!

Horrible Noise, I can't hardly HEAR anymore......

Oh, wait, jet engines you say??????? :wink:

I can see that you are not enjoying your new camera, nope, not at all. Out in the rain and cold, missing sleep, man, you've got YOUR priorities right :smile:

Looks good, can't wait to see the "burners at dusk". My daughter teaches at McChord, I'll have to see if she can get one of her airmen friend there to get me in to do some with the C-17's and 141's, or anyone else who might be hanging around.....

Cool stuff, I like it.....

It may not satisfy your definition of perfection, Todd, but it is still a neat capture. I guess that's part of the enjoyment of photography, maybe much like hunting, it isn't always what you got...but what it took to get it. You gained much experience with your new body and that is just as valuable as a quality image. I can't wait to see more jets...they fascinate the heck out of me!

Latest threads

Top Bottom