Nighttime in Fuessen

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by misupix, May 20, 2007.

1. We made a little nightwalk in Fuessen (near Castle Neuschwanstein)

I managed to take these pictures before the light was switched off (the really turn out the lights at 12.00 :Crunk:)

"Mixed-Light-Street-Scene"
    original.
    (manual WB to match the Towers lighting)

"Building-Light"
    original.
    (B&W and toned in Sepia)

"View from the Lech-Bridge"
    original.
    (30s @ f8)

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated!​

2. spyder57

spyder57

May 26, 2006
    I really like the smoothness of the water in the last one.

3. Great shots Michael!
    I never tried any long exposures.

Cheers

4. Beautiful images, Michael.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images

6. What a beautiful place Michael. Anne and I enjoyed visiting there, it remains one of our favorite places.

7. Well done Michael, the last is my favorite.

8. Sancho

Sancho

May 21, 2007
    Arkansas & Belize
    great photos, Thanks.

9. LJ0913

LJ0913 Guest

Beautiful! Love the lamp image!

10. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Vivid's good....these are good.

11. Hi Michael,
    don't worry, they even switch off the lights at that time (or even earlier) in Paris!! Couldn't believe it when I wanted to take some pictures of notre dame.

I really like the second one!
    I think for the last one I would have tried blending multiple exposures as the few bright parts take away all the details from the rest of the scene.

There is something in the first one that distracts me, not sure, but I think it's the white balance and the light of the car which doesn't match the overall white balance at all.
    Just out of curiousity I would try to process the picture with different WB settings for background/foreground each matching the perceived/remembered WB and combine them together afterwards.

12. Just did a quick try with the jpg, the results were not pleasing because the car lights got even more blue, so I think you already got the best out of it. :smile:

13. I really am drawn to the first image, well done on all of them