Nik Color Efex in NX

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Milkman, Apr 28, 2007.

1. I purchased the Vincente Versace DVD about NX and it he uses what has to be the Nik Color Efex 2.0 quite often. I do know that Nik released these for Capture 4.x, but didn't know if they worked under NX. I saw on the Nikon web site that it lists Capture 4.x and Picture Project as programs that will work with them. Has anyone tried these under NX to see if they will work?

2. I believe they are a part of NX. The companies combined efforts on NX.
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    nik 2.0 is very expensive...

I don't know if it is in NX
  4. Actually he just added it on the second disk. Nik color efex pro will be out in may.

I know it has a skylight filter and there was some others that he has, there is also a contrast filter. There are at least 40 filters I would say on his selction sheet....looks like some neat stuff is in the works from Nik!!
  5. rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    The Nik Color Efx Pro that is currently available on the Nikon site is compatible with Capture 4 but not NX. I have been told that a free upgrade to the NX version will be provided when that version becomes available.

-- Russ
  6. I heard from Nik the filters are done and Nikon can release them whenever they want to