Nik Color Efex Pro upgrade worth it ?

Hi
I've got the "Select" version of this software and like it

I am considering upgrading to their "complete" version -- but before I spend the extra dollars -- I was wanting to hear some opinions from folks that already have it -- or are thinking about upgrading.

Are the extra filters worth the extra dollars for this ?

Thanks in advance for your comments

If I am not mistaken, tonal contrast, glamour glow, bleach bypass and midnight are all only in the complete version. All four of them are really cool.

You can download a fifteen day trial, so you can make your own mind up at relative leisure, but my opinion is "Hell, yeah!" There are some really useful and interesting filters, but I use Tonal Contrast on every image I process, so AFAIC that alone is worth the price of admission.

Nick

This software is very good. I have only one reservation about it. Unlike Photoshop plug-ins where the changes get merged into the image, Color Efex in NX2 relies on non destructive editing via instructions. If a there is a later version of NX and the current version of Color Efex does not work with it, the user is going to be inconvenienced or forced to shell out for an upgrade. There are workarounds like running the old version of NX or saving your edits as tiff which is difficult on storage space. Nothing in this life is perfect.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom