1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nik Efex---stacking

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by willg, Aug 15, 2009.

1. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Just got my copy of Nik Color Efex. Question........how do you go about stacking filters? For instance, if I wanted Bleach effect plus Classical soft focus. I can only get the bleach oer the soft focus, but not both. I'm sure its something so easy I'm just missing it as usual.

2. Why can't you just run Bleach, and then run Classical? Run each on separate layers for full control.

3. kichu

kichu

Oct 25, 2008
    Europe
    you apply one, then you apple second etc.

in case you are using photoshop edition you have to merge layers between the steps

thats it

4. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Will, just use multiple layers. Apply the first effect, then run the filter a second time using a different effect. You can then control blending via the layer blending controls and opacity.

For example, one trick I use in Silver Efex Pro is to apply the base B&W conversion in one layer, but then use a second layer to apply the film grain effect, with blending mode set to Luminosity. This allows me to apply selective B&W while leaving the grain intact over the entire image.

-Jason

5. To build on what's been said - If you want to blend two affects together without having the first filter affect the second one, you can run Bleach, hide the new layer then run Classical. You can adjust blending modes from there.

6. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Thanks all for the responses. I have the knack for overlooking the obvious at times. Hey Jason, did'nt know you were here at the Cafe. Glad to hear/see your voice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.