Nik Efex---stacking

Just got my copy of Nik Color Efex. Question........how do you go about stacking filters? For instance, if I wanted Bleach effect plus Classical soft focus. I can only get the bleach oer the soft focus, but not both. I'm sure its something so easy I'm just missing it as usual.

you apply one, then you apple second etc.

in case you are using photoshop edition you have to merge layers between the steps

thats it

Will, just use multiple layers. Apply the first effect, then run the filter a second time using a different effect. You can then control blending via the layer blending controls and opacity.

For example, one trick I use in Silver Efex Pro is to apply the base B&W conversion in one layer, but then use a second layer to apply the film grain effect, with blending mode set to Luminosity. This allows me to apply selective B&W while leaving the grain intact over the entire image.

-Jason

To build on what's been said - If you want to blend two affects together without having the first filter affect the second one, you can run Bleach, hide the new layer then run Classical. You can adjust blending modes from there.

Thanks all for the responses. I have the knack for overlooking the obvious at times. Hey Jason, did'nt know you were here at the Cafe. Glad to hear/see your voice.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom