NIK processed North Carolina image

Getting acquanted with Color Efex II and Viveza II in conjunction with LR3 and CS5, with a dabble of Define 2.0 and Sharpener Pro 2. Overprocessed? I don't think so. Nik represented the major image mods. LR3 is catalog point, and CS5 used in adapting a frame for image.

I tried to make this realistic, but still give it that pop that you need to see dynamically speaking. Let me know if you think I achieved it. I set a backdrop of a little fog into the trees even to soften some of the image. :biggrin:

1226618094_ahURK-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think you did a good job with processing. So often wooded scenes like this one tend to look dull and lifeless unless the contrast and saturation are boosted slightly. Well done!

Doug,

I really like this image. The 1/50 sec exposure gives the water just enough blur without overdoing it. The greens in the sunlit leaves and in the moss covered rocks really make it pop! Would love to see the "before" soc shot. Very nicely done.

-Bill

Thanks Eric and Bill. you know the 16-35VRII really did an outstanding job with the image to begin with. (I am 97% sure that was the lens) I think I was looking at the unprocessed version last night, and I was surprised just how much the lighting of the stream already popped. I shot it in Aperture priority, so I really let the camera decide the shutter speed, based on a 6.3 aperture.

Blurring the water smooth is not right for every shot of course Bill. Sure, sometimes, a nice falls is right to do that some, sometimes, you want that effect. but it's nice to see realistic looking streams just like they are in motion too. Thank you much.

Thanks Steven, this is off the bridge above Mouse Creek Falls, so barely in North Carolina really from TN. A lot of river rafting goes on at this exit where this hike is located. Thanks much.

Also on the hike is Midlight Hole. Entire hike is uphill on the way in, down on the way out.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom