Nik Sharpener 2.0?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by cwilt, Jun 20, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Anyone using it yet?

2. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    When its released in Europe i will be, its only available in the US at the moment.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I have been looking and have not found many comments on the new version yet. I will post a link here if I find some interesting reviews.

4. I saw it demonstrated recently. From what I can tell, and I might have missed something, it's directed mostly at print applications. You select you output device and then paint on the sharpener in the areas you want sharpened as a last step just before printing. Works the same way the nik Color Pro 2.0 filters do.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. I just downloaded it. I'll play with it and report out. By the way it does have a special monitor viewing sharpening feature.
    Rich

6. Echoes of PixelGenius PK Sharpener??? That's the one that I use, paint on the type of sharpening I desire and it too has output sharpening types, ie web, print, etc.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thats a good thing since I do a lot of printing. :)

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just purchased the inkjet version and will report back on it.

9. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I have the old 1.03 version of nik SharpenerPro! Inkjet Editon. I use it all the time (works fine in Tiger and PS CS2). I am ordering the 2.0 Complete version this week.

Will report back when I receive it.

C

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'm sorry to say that I am not impressed with nik sharpener 2.0 at all. :( It sharpens everything to much, including any noise that is in the image.

Back to the drawing board. :roll:

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Just a note that I found something interesting here.

Anyone tried or is using this?