Nik

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Kaiser, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Testing a new lighting technique.

2918271384_eee61e9698_o.jpg

2901018501_388522a130_o.jpg
    C&C Welcome

2. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    Ring Flash? Great shots, but I prefer the second shot. The first has full circle halo that doesn't look natural to me..??

3. Cool, i like the first one!

4. caraman

caraman

May 23, 2007
    Dumfries, VA
    I love the first shot except for the catchlights... I agree with Gary that they just don't look natural.

5. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    I think the donut catch lights are creepy, especially when they surround the pupil like in #1.

6. Its interesting about the the likes/dislike regarding the catchlights.

The catchlight arent natural, and neither are the "shadowless" light hitting the subject.

You cant get the light without the circular catchlights(upclose), nor can you get the catchlight without the light. :)

A ringflash is a very special tool and not meant for every type/subject, and obviously not to everyones liking.

I find the #1 image to be refreshing, i like the light, and i like the stark experssion, the catchlight just adds to it.

Kindest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  7. photofox

photofox

Jun 8, 2008
    Over here
    Lovely shots, very nice PP work. I somewhat agree about the odd catchlights in the first shot, perhaps if they were toned down slightly, they would be less "strange". They seem very strong compared to the rest of the image which has a softer look.

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You say Nik...is this Nik filters?

9. No sorry - it's a name.