Nikki in the woods

Discussion in 'People' started by AndyPeacock, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Hi All,

My wife and I decided to go for a walk in the wood yesterday, while we were there she posed for a few shots. This is my first real attempt at portrait type shooting. Overall I'm quite pleased with the results, and I really enjoyed shooting outside in some of the locations we found. I'm looking forward to going back soon.

All taken on the D200, 70-200mm at f/2.8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also tried converting a few to B+W, again this is a bit of an experiment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any comments, hint and tips or critisism welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  2. your wife is lovely and I like number 5 a lot!

3. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Welcome to The Café Andy. This is a good start! The last is very god. Nice location shot with good use of depth of field. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

4. The last two are my favorites from this series. You did well with the conversion.

5. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    One thing I might suggest... It looks like you focused on her clothes rather than her face. Try focusing on her face, and I specifically like focusing on the eyes.

6. Andy, thanks for sharing these.

The first B&W is my favorite of the series. The first few color shots could have benefitted from fill flash to even out the lighting on her face.

Be real careful where you focus with that lens if it is wide open.

7. I think I have just realised that about this lens. I though I had a good focus on her face but I must have been a little out. At 2.8 and 100mm+ being a little out really has a big effect. I must be more careful next time or perhaps stop down a little.

Andy

8. Andy, welcome to the neighborhood and thanks for posting. Try getting closer, don't shoot portraits in direct sunlight and focus on the eyes.

Keep shooting and posting.

9. I like the composure of #4.
    Might just see what it would look like in high contrast B/W.

Tim