Nikkor 28/1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by innerimager, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Here's an ISO 200, f1.4, 1/40 example of what this lens does with nightime shooting, including point light rendering. Love it. best...Peter

original.

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice night shot!

3. Beautiful photo.

Let the lust begins.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Thanks gentlemen, very fine examples, Paul. btw mine was shot with a D2H. I usually bring this body for my high ISO shooting leaving the D2X behind. In this example, at iso 200, could have used the D2X. Great lens.....Peter

6. Henk

Henk Guest

ron reznick seems totally crazy about it, it must be awesome!!!

best regards

Henk

7. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Henk :

Well, Ron gave me the advice of getting the lens more than a year back for a trip to Asia, and he was dead-on. I shot these :

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=58822

last night with the lens.

John P.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Funny about that 28/1.4, some respected people (Ron R) likes it and some less respected (me) doesn't at all. From this follows inexorably the logical conclusion that in order to be well regarded, you just need the 28/1.4 :biggrin:

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Ah, Bjørn, not to worry, as you've caused serious damage to my photographic budget with your assessments of lenses. Perhaps, the sincerest form of being "well regarded" is that people spend their money based on reading your opinions, 28mm f/1.4 or not. :rolleyes: :eek: :biggrin:

John P.

10. I figure own lenses both Ron and Bjørn hold in high regard, thus eliminating the possibility of not having the best!

Nice shots all.

11. Well I first got turned onto this lens by Ron. And while I was surprised to see Bjorn less than enthralled with it on his site, I went for it and am glad. But Bjorn, I regard your opinion very highly indeed. And when I find myself buying lenses even you don't give the highest rating to, well, as you say...."I've got a problem"! ;>) best.....Peter

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Dude - You are definately A-list!

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005